Online Scheduling with 722

hedbert

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Apple Valley, MN
I recently got a replacement 722 from DISH. When it was all set up I got online to set up ALL my timers. I seem to be having an issue with programs staying on my 722 DVR so I can watch them.

For Example:
I recorded Fringe on FOX Thursday night. Today (sunday) I go to watch it and it is gone. I check the schedule and it was recorded and I have not watched it yet. It deleted itself before I had a chance to watch it.

I have never had this issue with anything I scheduled on my receiver via the remote. It is like there is a disconnect between the online scheduler and my receiver.

Is anyone else having this issue OR is there a fix for this?

Try unplugging the receiver for about 5 minutes, let it re-boot and see if they come back.

See if it's getting a valid DHCP address and gateway from your router.

Menu-6-1-(9 or 8 depending on your model) - 1

If it has a valid IP and gateway try to hit a -2 at the Broadband setup menu. Set a nickname for your receiver so it can broadcast it to Dish.

You can also do a web activation -3 (even though you might not even see it on the menu, it's there). It will give you a number, but they've turned off the need for you to type in it, but it does register itself on the sling network.

See if it's getting a valid DHCP address and gateway from your router.

Menu-6-1-(9 or 8 depending on your model) - 1

If it has a valid IP and gateway try to hit a -2 at the Broadband setup menu. Set a nickname for your receiver so it can broadcast it to Dish.

You can also do a web activation -3 (even though you might not even see it on the menu, it's there). It will give you a number, but they've turned off the need for you to type in it, but it does register itself on the sling network.

All of that is set up and working. I am able to schedule recordings and they record. They just delete automatically too quickly.

i believe there is a setting for this. I will look later, but there is a bell going off in my head that makes me think there is a setting for how long recordings stay around. I wouldn't expect to see it happen so soon but then again...

just checked Dish Remote Access and there IS a setting that deletes shows. there are only two options though. one says hold until I delete. the other says remove as space needed or something like that.

i believe there is a setting for this. I will look later, but there is a bell going off in my head that makes me think there is a setting for how long recordings stay around. I wouldn't expect to see it happen so soon but then again...

just checked Dish Remote Access and there IS a setting that deletes shows. there are only two options though. one says hold until I delete. the other says remove as space needed or something like that.

Mine is set to Keep Until I Delete.

poop!
just for kicks, you might waht to try setting it to the other one, exit the application, then go back and set to back to the original. shouldn't matter, sine your receivar is new and not full, but it's worth a try.

The only other thing that comes to mind to to do a Hard reset and even a return to factory defaults reset. You might want to save your recordings to the remote first. that we you don't have to reprogram all your recording.

Motorhome

Dish Website Convienience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)