Open Letter to DISH Management Re: Lack of Manual Timer and No-VIP receiver policy on Hopper account

OIC. I assumed <ahem> that you were talking about your own experience. My impression from reports on satelliteguys is exactly the opposite of yours, namely that people did in general get guide data for most channels, regardless of their status on Dish. I also recall a DIRT member suggesting the same as your impression (no guide data on subchannels or main channels that Dish doesn't carry.)

Perhaps it's time for another poll. ;)

As I read your post, before I read your last sentence, I thought - your last sentence. Done.

I rarely use manual timers, but it amazes me that they're not available - seems like such a basic thing.

(And we DO use them sometimes, like when a network show is preempted by a local sporting event and re-aired late that night. No guide data will reflect that on short notice so we always use manual timers in that case)

At least here in the Charlotte area, I have guide data for most all of my OTA-only subchannels...and none of them are carried by Dish....so that would appear to be a false statement by whomever told you that.

I agree, it was a false statement that DISH told someone at Echostar , who then relayed it to me. I've been trying for months to get guide data but there is also the problem in my area that both Metv and Mytx are broadcast on two different digital stations: 43.1 and 36.1. When they tried to add guide data before it wouldn't work due to the confusion created in the receivers over which channel to use. I don't know why they don't just put it out for both digital channels and then it wouldn't matter. But I was told that DISH only has so much bandwith for ota channels and it is their decision on which ones get loaded. I referenced this web board and how many others are getting their guide data for Metv in their area ,but it didn't seem to matter. I have almost given up. My next step would be to try to write to Ceo@echostar.com and see what they say.

As far as I know yes.MeTV guide information was not available all the time it started broadcasting over the air in my area,but the guide information has been available at TitanTV,but I don't know for how long.DISH was very polite with their response to my email when I sent it to dishquality@echostar.com .I think that's the difference don't question DISH question Echostar as they replied they would send it to the best department and if I don't hear from them in 10 days to reemail them again which I did.But it was my idea to email the station about the availability of their guide information to DISH.

I also believe if you receive a email saying it's not their responsibility,I would forward that email to the ceo address of both companies see what the executive office thinks of that reply you received(remember every one has a boss over them unless your Charlie Ergen).Good Luck!:)

Also don't expect results overnight as it did take a long while before I saw the guide information in my guide,in fact it was unexpected surprise because it had been awhile since my conversations with them.

I've been working on this problem for months. I have gone to the highest person I knew at Echostar in the dishquality department to get resolution ,but I still haven't got it yet. I might try writing to ceo@echostar.com and see what they say.

So have you emailed the stations also?.

I emailed London Broadcasting Corp that own them and individual ABC KBMT station ,which runs both Metv and Mytx. Never received any response from London Broadcasting Corp. and the engineer for KBMT Never responds to my emails or phone calls. The local CBS station KFDM will email you , talk to you on the phone and is very responsive to any issues. Unfortunately they are not running these two channels.

I emailed London Broadcasting Corp that own them and individual ABC KBMT station ,which runs both Metv and Mytx. Never received any response from London Broadcasting Corp. and the engineer for KBMT Never responds to my emails or phone calls. The local CBS station KFDM will email you , talk to you on the phone and is very responsive to any issues. Unfortunately they are not running these two channels.

Sounds like you did just about all you can do concerning your guide information problems.Good Luck!:)

Where's my cane? I think I left it by the RCA 1802 CPU chip. Which seemed more powerful than the IBM 360 I later programmed. Certainly, the Z80 was WAY more powerful.

To Dish Management:

Charles W. Ergen, Chairman of the Board
Joseph P. Clayton, President and Chief Executive Officer, DISH Network
Jim DeFranco, Executive Vice President
Bernie Han, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Tom Cullen, Executive Vice President
W. Erik Carlson, Executive Vice President, Operations
Roger Lynch, Executive Vice President, Advanced Technologies

(If anyone knows their direct email addresses or postal mail address, please reply)
Did you look for a mailing address ?

9601 S Meridian Blvd
Englewood, CO 80112

Thanks ,but I don't see us ever getting guide data for these two stations. I 've just about given up .

Concerning my OTA guide programming issue with MeTV I did give up.It was quite a surprise to turn on my 922 that morning and see MeTV's programming information in my guide,so miracles do happen.So keep the faith,hopefully you will wake up some morning and see that programming information listed in your guide.Good Luck!:)

+1 manual timers! One of my biggest frustrations with Dish so far. Just tonight I wanted to record a baseball game on my regional sports channel. It had a conflict for the first 30 minutes (which is just pregame anyway). If I could set it to start 30 minutes late, it would have worked out, but that's not an option? Why no manual timers? Does dish ask users before they remove features?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Concerning my OTA guide programming issue with MeTV I did give up.It was quite a surprise to turn on my 922 that morning and see MeTV's programming information in my guide,so miracles do happen.So keep the faith,hopefully you will wake up some morning and see that programming information listed in your guide.Good Luck!:)

I pray you're right. I am still sending emails to my two contacts at Echostar, but they keep telling me that it's DISH decision to add the guide data. I really wish that DISH and Echostar had stayed ONE company instead of two. It was much easier when you only had to go through one department, instead of playing multiple departments and two companies.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)