OTA Channels Info Needed?

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
With Dish are the local channels sent over the sat. dish and broadcast in HD when the local networks are in HD?

Are they received over the air with my roof antenna? Therefore will I get the digital local channels in HD?

I am currently with VOOM and I get locals OTA from the networks in HD.

kirkdj said:
With Dish are the local channels sent over the sat. dish and broadcast in HD when the local networks are in HD?

Are they received over the air with my roof antenna? Therefore will I get the digital local channels in HD?

I am currently with VOOM and I get locals OTA from the networks in HD.

Depending on your location, you may get your local channels from the satellite but none of them will be HD unless you are in NY or LA. The local CBS channels are available in those areas. You can receive the local digital channels over your antenna and the Dish HD receivers will most likely translate them in digital just fine.

Bobby said:
Depending on your location, you may get your local channels from the satellite but none of them will be HD unless you are in NY or LA. The local CBS channels are available in those areas. You can receive the local digital channels over your antenna and the Dish HD receivers will most likely translate them in digital just fine.
Strong statement there - "can receive the local digital channels".

It depends on where you are and how much money you're willing to spend - and even then you may get nothing. Start at http://www.antennaweb.org for more info.

Dish 500 w/2 dual LNB to 3 receivers?

Where is the Bird?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)