Outsourced Customer Service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not sure. I am just stating what is on their website. Could be a company like Mastec. I never worked for them. Also could be ATT I suppose. Again, that is just info I pulled off DIrectv.com career page.

Maybe they send you to a foreign country when you don't have the Protection Plan . Ive been thinking of dropping it , but afraid they will send me to one of their out sourced centers.

Maybe they send you to a foreign country when you don't have the Protection Plan . Ive been thinking of dropping it , but afraid they will send me to one of their out sourced centers.

i thought that was one of the selling points of the protection plan, you *always* get somebody from the US.

I never knew for certain , but always suspected it. But my sister has Directv and never got the Protection Plan and,speaks to an American when she needs to call in , so I really don't know .

I never knew for certain , but always suspected it. But my sister has Directv and never got the Protection Plan and,speaks to an American when she needs to call in , so I really don't know .
Normally, I'll get someone in the US ... I typically will ask where they are.

Then why did the CSR say she was in UTAH? Maybe I should have asked what city?
The accent sounded right!

The other post was posted by someone who thought it was a Dish forum. Not sure how it happened for them, but I admit that is easy to do on the phone, since it doesn't tell you what forum the threads are under on one of the screens. There is a place on the website that does that too but I just use the bookmark for the Directv forum. It gets me every time I see it on here (app). I also don't like the lack of signature on the app especially when someone tells you to refer to said signature.
It is easier to find the rabbitears.info forum on the app, which is cool.

For what it's worth, I have always gotten US centers but often have to hang up and call back because I can't hear the CSR over all the background noise regardless of location.

All of technical support is located in the US. Billing and other account maintenance departments have a few locations in the Phillipines and Mexico. Other than that, there aren't many outsourced.

It has nothing to do with the AT&T buyout. smh.

Just because people have accents, that doesn't mean they're based in a foreign country.

All of technical support is located in the US. Billing and other account maintenance departments have a few locations in the Phillipines and Mexico. Other than that, there aren't many outsourced.

It has nothing to do with the AT&T buyout. smh.

Just because people have accents, that doesn't mean they're based in a foreign country.

Very true, my company had lots of people with Indian or Vietnamese accents. Good people but the accents were strong.

The other post was posted by someone who thought it was a Dish forum. Not sure how it happened for them, but I admit that is easy to do on the phone, since it doesn't tell you what forum the threads are under on one of the screens. There is a place on the website that does that too but I just use the bookmark for the Directv forum. It gets me every time I see it on here (app). I also don't like the lack of signature on the app especially when someone tells you to refer to said signature.
It is easier to find the rabbitears.info forum on the app, which is cool.

For what it's worth, I have always gotten US centers but often have to hang up and call back because I can't hear the CSR over all the background noise regardless of location.
Refer to post 21 about DTV careers in the US. Still no call centers in Utah.

Status
Please reply by conversation.