Pac-12 Network

One guy wrote and said that the PAC 12 networks would be bundled in the ESPN Game Plan package.
no it wont

1st week games show NONE of the PAC12 games in game plan. Only SEC, ACC, the PPV games and NoDakState/Robert Morris as the game plan games

putting the Pac12 games in game plan would be like them putting Big10 games in there too ;)

not with game plan, from my understanding is what P12N want's is available to everybody as the golf channel is today, Game plan is only for football as I recall, this is 365 days a year stuff, so that just doesn't work period. the clocks ticking....

Correct. As I read the original posts at the URL I referred to above - I was thinking that, well, there's nothing that says they can't make the game plan a 12 month package. But I agree with you that the PAC 12 has wanted it available like GOLF, etc.

BTW, this article just appeared a short while ago. Nice indictment of the PAC 12 network and my thinking as well. As the article/indictment states (in addition to other points), some of us who DO have a cable option chose satellite for better service, equipment, etc. Anyway, it's a good article: http://www.buildingthedam.com/2012/8/30/3279608/pac-12-drops-ball-insults-fans-intelligence

PAC-12 just released an iPad video app that is tied to receiving the channel from a service provider. Now I'm really rooting for either Dish or Direct to get this. If Dish gets it, I'll have it at home. If Direct does, I'll either watch at my brother's house or watch via my iPad with his info.

Have not paid much attention to the Pac 12 talk as i am in Texas and not a football fan. I am how ever a UCLA basketball fan and have taken the sports package in past years to watch their games on Fox West. With the new network, will this go away? If i can only get the basketball games on the Pac 12 network, i would like to know as this will send me to a provider that will supply me with this content. If anyone knows for sure ,I would appreciate a heads up.

Larry it will depend on whether Fox West has rights to broadcasts of PAC-12 BB beyond the P12N. The B1G has an agreement with ESPN so B1G BB games are either on one of the ESPNs or on BTN (minor non-conference home games might not be available except thru streaming). I'm unsure of the PAC-12 agreements.

The Pac-12 Network announced it's televised basketball game schedule a few days ago. If you want to see every UCLA game (as well as every game from every other team in the conference), you have to have Pac-12 Network. They have cherry picked some pretty good match-ups (like they did with football this year) to create demand. Some games will still be on ESPN or FOX, but starting this year the Pac-12 Network owns the rights to all Pac-12 sports.

http://pac-12.com/Sports/Basketball...ces-2012-13-men-s-basketball-TV-schedule.aspx

thanks for the info. I have some time to wait on Dish or Direct to pick up the network and I will go with the one that does. I have been with Dish 11 years and was happy they expanded their HD coverage of Baseball, but more and more I am leaning toward the provider that gives me the programming I want. If that means cable, then so be it.

My thinking is that packages such as the $14.99 deal for all the networks will eventually be the way many sports channels are sold due to the surging costs with distribution. I would personally pay $14.99 for the Pac-12 Networks. I'm a huge softball and football fan of those teams and would be much more into their basketball as well. I hope DISH decides to pick this up. It seems ironic to me that DirecTV hasn't yet when they are usually the first to pick such networks up.

I am all for this being added. I'm not a PAC 12 fan but I would watch the occasional USC, Oregon, or Standford football game if they had a decent matchup. Big Ten Network is great during football season but it really shines during basketball. Ever since BTN started practically every Michigan State and Michigan basketball game has been available on TV.

I think something like this would be good for the PAC 12. What I don't get is why they need 7 channels though. BTN has a hard time filling their schedule with 1 channel except for game days. Regional channels are unnecessary in my opinion and that seems to be whats holding the deal back.

BTN has one national channel and then they will turn on alternates on game days. Cable in my area just gets whatever game is deemed the main game for that region but satellite gets them all with no blackouts. Today there were 3 different 3:30 games to pick from as well as a noon and 7:00pm game. They have been very successful with this model and I think PAC 12 would be too if they just copied it.

Deadlocked said:
Nevada defeats Cal. But only 10% of fans got to see it -.-

I got to see it live. It was not pretty. But the renovated stadium is much improved.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Nevada defeats Cal. But only 10% of fans got to see it -.-

same could be said about the Texas Longhorns beating the Wyoming Cowboys, that game was on the Longhorns Network (co-owned by Disney/ESPN & the University of Texas-Austin) which is only available on Verizon FIOS, a bunch of small cable companies, and now just this week, AT&T U-verse. at least there's one more option this year for Horns fans to switch providers. but when the big dogs aka Dish, DirecTV, Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Charter, SuddenLink, and other cable providers in Texas and around the US, then it get's carried on more providers. i think the reason why DirectTV is holding out is because they will add this network when the next ESPN dispute happens when the contract to carry those channels ends. same with Dish, but they need to settle the lawsuit as well when that contract expires to carry ESPN.

Bobby said:
The stadium itself, I'm sure... ;)

Yep. Cal season ticket holder here. Which means after next week's home game I'll be really disappointed if the PAC-12 network doesn't get added by Dish or Direct.