Pac-12 Network

Those shopping channels pay to be on dish/ directv. If the PAC 12 wants to buy their way on to dish/directv, then I don't have a problem with that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

osu1991 said:
If they really want to be a nationally carried network, they should drop this 7 channels crap and work deals for carriage of the main channel only for the 90% of us outside the PAC 12 viewing area that have no interest in watching the Stanford polo team or the Oregon timber team.

Until then they are nothing more than another group trying to force 7 over priced niche channels upon every body in America.

I don't disagree with your perspective. But your populations estimate is way off. CA alone gets you over ten percent of the US population. Add in Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado and its well over.

dangue said:
I don't disagree with your perspective. But your populations estimate is way off. CA alone gets you over ten percent of the US population. Add in Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado and its well over.

Wasn't really going for accuracy there on the population. :) Just making a point that their model is flawed, kind of like the epic failure known as the Longhorn Network. Outside of its regional fan base those 6 regional feeds have no place for the majority of viewers.

I'm not exactly sure of the details, but I don't think the 6 regional networks are intended to be carried on every carrier in the country. The Pac-12 made a big deal out of the fact they alone retained the digital rights to everything. Meaning, they want subscribers of the Pac-12 National network to be able to stream the regional networks online via the TV Anywhere platform - just authenticate through the Comcast/Dish/Direct online portal. I hope the regional networks are not the stumbling block here. Maybe Pac-12 went in asking for all of them to be carried and negotiations will whittle that down. Pie in the sky type thinking. Just get me the national feed, maybe the option to buy the others on a tier, but either way just having the national feed will allow me to stream the locals. In theory anyway.

Yeah come on Dish OSU and Arizona play this Saturday Get Me My Pac 12 Network.. :)

I wonder how DISH will carry it? I have heard they are requiring most providers to offer it a la carte in addition to being in a sports package. If that's the case, my guess is the main network will be in Multi Sport or you can purchase the whole package (regional and main network) as separate package. I wonder how much basketball, baseball and softball they will show? I can already see the schedules for football (up to a point).

Yeah!!!!! It's not a done deal yet, but this is definitely a good sign. We are moving in a couple of weeks and really want to stick with Dish. Looks like that might be possible.

DISH Network's site currently has this as a banner -
[h=1]get in
the zone.[/h] Get all the best football action this season with NFL RedZone – and coming soon, Pac-12 Networks – included in DISH's Multi-Sport Pack for only $9/month.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icmroadkill said:
[h=1]get in
the zone.[/h] Get all the best football action this season with NFL RedZone – and coming soon, Pac-12 Networks – included in DISH's Multi-Sport Pack for only $9/month.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's interesting to read...let's see how this shapes out, and the other side hoping they work out a deal with big ten

Hope it is before Saturday, Oregon Ducks game is only on PAC12 this weekend.

Having it part of the multi-sport package is only fair to those who have no or little interest in sports.

[h=1]get in

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)