Pay upfront for defective receiver replacement?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
My bedroom SD receiver is having problems & now won't even reset. I called to get a replacement & was told i have to pay for the shipping before they will send the replacement. Been a good customer for years but don't have the extra $22 right this minute. The CSR tried for a long time to circumvent the requirement in her system but no joy. I really don't understand why I should have to pay shipping upfront to replace a defective receiver. Does this apply to everyone or am I some kind of weird exception?

Without the protection plan the charge is supposed to be $19.95. Maybe you are being charged tax, too. I would think they would simply add it to your monthly bill.

It applies to everyone unless you have the protection plan...I have seen it waived several times though. Call back and try another CSR. If you have a history of paying late a lot though you may not get it waived.

Considering they are going to charge you that you prob dont have the protection plan, you may try calling in and asking if you add the protection plan if there is anything they could do for you on that charge.

I might try that. I've never been late on my payments. It's just very annoying they want the shipping up front when I pay them almost $100 a month.

Call and ask if they can add the $22 to your next bill.

When I got my d11 from my brother, I couldn't activate it with the access card in it 'cause the card was under my bro's account. I called and asked if they could send a new card. The csr told me it would cost $20 for a new card and the $20 could be added to my next bill. I told the csr go ahead and send me the card and add the $20 to my next bill.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Partial Recording

2012 New HD Local Launches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts