PBS on Telstar 14k

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Anyone getting these and how is your signal strength? I have great intensity, but lack quality. No breakups or pixels though. Just seems weak. Thanks

I don't have line of sight to that satellite at my new location, but I thought that the South Carolina PBS channels were supposed to be leaving soon. (They were always weak for me.)

I'm getting them in the low 30s to high 40s on the Pansat, but we are also getting rain, rain, and more rain (and that seems to be the forecast for the next week!). That's down from the usual 60s or so that I usually get, so for me, it is more likely weather related.

According to the slate on the TP, they will be abandoning Ku in favor of Internet streaming. :( "Satellite Services Will Cease July 31, 2011 Programs Continue to be Streamed on oneplacesc.org" 11959V4584 - Q=63 @ Openbox, 30inch CM and a spitfire elite LNBF.

The threshold signal for the Coolsat 5k is right around 63 to 64......the pbs q signal fluctuates to a high of about 68-69, and then for whatever reason ( rain @ transmission site or here ), the q signal drops to @ or below threshold of around 62-63. It has always been on the weak side for me.

Hello I have a Pansat 9000HD with a rotor satellite, I live in San Diego Ca and I would like to know how can I get Intelsat 805 at 55.5°W. Does anybody has an idea how can I each the signal of this satellite from this area?

You need to go into the antenna setup menu , select the correct LO frequency for your LNB....Linear LNB= 10750...Universal LNB= 9750-10600. Select the sat (Intelsat 805). Go to scan menu and select normal scan or blind scan....make sure the motor setting is set for USALS. Also the proper latitude & longitude settings must be entered for your dish location....Latitude = 34.0°, Longitude= -118.2°.....hope this helps.

Getting around 30% on the Visionsat here today, a little weaker than normal. but like Keith have had rain all weekend and forecast for the next week.

You need to go into the antenna setup menu , select the correct LO frequency for your LNB....Linear LNB= 10750...Universal LNB= 9750-10600. Select the sat (Intelsat 805). Go to scan menu and select normal scan or blind scan....make sure the motor setting is set for USALS. Also the proper latitude & longitude settings must be entered for your dish location....Latitude = 32.7°, Longitude= --117.1°.....hope this helps.

Oops.....my mistake.....on the original post to your question, I entered the wrong coordinates for your dish location. I entered the corrected numbers for San Diego, CA in the above quote area.....sorry about that.

Running a pansat 3500, 33" motorized dish with WS ESX521. Today is cloudy and I have 77 quality and signal is bouncing between 80 and 82....I only been using the new lnb for about month, man was it worth every penny

You need to go into the antenna setup menu , select the correct LO frequency for your LNB....Linear LNB= 10750...Universal LNB= 9750-10600. Select the sat (Intelsat 805). Go to scan menu and select normal scan or blind scan....make sure the motor setting is set for USALS. Also the proper latitude & longitude settings must be entered for your dish location....Latitude = 34.0°, Longitude= -118.2°.....hope this helps.
Why are you stating KU Band parameters in this post for Intelsat 805? This bird is a C-band only satellite, or am I missing something?!?! :confused:

I really appreciated the info, I have a 36" Pansat (motorized) dish, I am going to give a try and let you know what is the result.
Once again thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.