Pete Rose

He bet on his team while he was the manager, are we just going to take his word that he didn't bet that they would lose a game and he made that happen?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

He bet on his team while he was the manager, are we just going to take his word that he didn't bet that they would lose a game and he made that happen?

Nobody proved otherwise so....Yes.

He bet on his team while he was the manager....
Good job ignoring the accomplishments that he made as a player.

I'm not condoning that he may have bet on baseball and let's presume he did - that's not "cheating". You clearly don't know what the word means.

Any and all allegations of Pete betting on the game as a MANAGER has zero to do with why he deserves to be in the hall of fame.

I agree that if he goes in he goes in as a player and his credentials there are nothing less than astounding. But betting on the game---especially while still involved with it is what has kept him out.

I agree that if he goes in he goes in as a player and his credentials there are nothing less than astounding. But betting on the game---especially while still involved with it is what has kept him out.
Releasing a book during hall of fame weekend didn't help his chances either.

I would love MY Manager to bet on my team to WIN ... That would be great.

Pete Rose broke a well-known, long-standing rule in MLB that is prominently displayed in every clubhouse:

Rule 21(d):

(d) BETTING ON BALL GAMES. Any player, umpire, or club official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has no duty to perform shall be declared ineligible for one year.

Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible.

Rose was stupid enough to get caught, but his long exile should be enough of a deterrent for anyone else considering betting on baseball. Let Rose in...

How can anyone say 90s-era steroid users were "cheating"? Team trainers, managers, GMs, owners and MLB officials knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it. By giving juicing their tacit OK, there was no cheating involved. Of course all that changed when baseball, facing a fan and media backlash, said it was shocked -- shocked! -- that there was steroid use going on, and banned PEDs.

On the other hand, gambling always has been the ultimate taboo. If baseball never reinstated Shoeless Joe Jackson, who history proved had little to to with the Black Sox 1919 scandal, there's no way Pete Rose is going to be.

Steroids were and still are against the law. CBA's do not trump local, state and federal law.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Steroids were and still are against the law. CBA's do not trump local, state and federal law.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Amen brother!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Did their character and/or integrity affect what happened on the field?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)