Phoenix HD Locals

jeb2942

Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Hillsboro, OR
Been having a problem with breakups on the HD locals for Phoenix, the SD locals are fine as well as all the other HD channels. Anyone else receiving Phoenix HD locals experiencing the same problem?

Everything has been working fine until the last few days......

thanks,

Jim

Been having a problem with breakups on the HD locals for Phoenix, the SD locals are fine as well as all the other HD channels. Anyone else receiving Phoenix HD locals experiencing the same problem?

Everything has been working fine until the last few days......

thanks,

Jim

Yep, I keep losing my signal every 5 or 10 minutes for about 10 seconds each time. 12 is the worst.

Hmmm.... Did this problem start today?

DishNetwork recently made a change to the Phoenix HD spotbeam. They backed off the error correction rate in order to fit in KTVK on the HD stream. I figured they would have cranked up the power on this TP to compensate for this change.

Could you please post the signal strength from the following TPs on 110?

TP 18
TP 20
TP 7
TP 13
TP 11

please include your receiver model.

The problem started last Sunday and has been progressively worse throughout the week, last night was pretty unwatchable but tonight they seem back to normal.

622 Receiver

Transponder 18: 57
Transponder 20: 86
Transponder 7: 41
Transponder 13: 36
Transponder 11: 51

The problem started last Sunday and has been progressively worse throughout the week, last night was pretty unwatchable but tonight they seem back to normal.

622 Receiver

Transponder 18: 57
Transponder 20: 86
Transponder 7: 41
Transponder 13: 36
Transponder 11: 51

The changes were made on the early morning of 9/27 so if it started last Sunday then I'd say there is another issue. With your local HD's having a higher signal than the national HD transponders I don't think it is a signal issue.

Phoenix locals have been working fine for me up here in Kingman ... I have a 211 and get the digital/HD stations. I mostly watch in the AM.

I have a 722 and 622 and have not noticed any issues with the Phoenix locals HD or SD. I have several recorded programs from the last few days that are ok as well. I am in the Phoenix area.

David

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts