Pick 4 premiums free for 3 months

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Got everything but HBO ,which I was already getting at 1/2 price for 6 months. Did the same on my 2nd account for my parents. The Premium channels must be losing a lot of money to be able to afford these 1/2 price premiums and 3 FREE months to all the subs who ask for them.

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
Is it the channels themselves that take the hit, or is Dish taking the full brunt of these free/half-price offers? I asked before but I guess no one seems to know.

rajmarie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2009
Puerto Rico
Is it the channels themselves that take the hit, or is Dish taking the full brunt of these free/half-price offers? I asked before but I guess no one seems to know.

IMO it dish because other operators are not running this kind of promo. But when these premiums do free preview generally all operators gets it.

Dish might be successful in there half off offers getting some subs to stick with premium.

ross9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 28, 2011
Ms Coast
Got Cinemax Showtime & Starz free:D Offered HBO at half price but turned it down. Thanks for the heads up as it does not show in the offers.

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Got everything but HBO ,which I was already getting at 1/2 price for 6 months. Did the same on my 2nd account for my parents. The Premium channels must be losing a lot of money to be able to afford these 1/2 price premiums and 3 FREE months to all the subs who ask for them.
I think the 3 months for free is a summer promotion. This is always the worse time of the year for viewers. That is why cable/sat providers always have really high appealing programing then. Now I complete agree on the half price promos. I feel they probably make a little money still but not a lot.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I got the free offer for 3 months Starz,Showtime,Cinemax...Thanks for letting us know (The OP)Got it on first try amazing..This offer is great for me as I just had Back surgery and have to take it easy for a couple months,now hopefully I can catch up on some movies Ive missed..Thank You Dish..

Rdeejr

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 21, 2011
Santa Fe
Same here. Just did the chat and gave me Starz, Showtime and Cinemax for three months. Offered me Hbo for 1/2 price ($9) per month but I declined. Great deal.

hperry

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 2, 2006
Last night I did the chat and got Starz, Cinemax, and a Hopper w/Sling for $1.00 refundable upgrade fee on one of my credit cards.

Did you have to sign a contract for the hopper w/sling? Was that an upgrade on a hopper you already had or an extra hopper?

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
Did you have to sign a contract for the hopper w/sling? Was that an upgrade on a hopper you already had or an extra hopper?

All receiver upgrades require an updated 2-year agreement.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

broeddog

SatelliteGuys Guru
Mar 7, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
I did have to agree to a new 24 month contract which wasn't an issue for me, the Hopper w/sling was to upgrade one of the Hopper 2000's I have had since they were first put in service.

Skee7ix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 21, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
Did you use chat or just call in on the phone?

Chat.

Then I did it again and asked about the free premiums, and the rep offered me BB@Home half price, which I took... and then the rep said: Well I will give you one of our premiums free because you are a valued customer, EPIX...
And I'm like: Well that is in BB@Home already :rolleyes:

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
Chat.

Then I did it again and asked about the free premiums, and the rep offered me BB@Home half price, which I took... and then the rep said: Well I will give you one of our premiums free because you are a valued customer, EPIX...
And I'm like: Well that is in BB@Home already :rolleyes:

all the HD epix channels are in BB@HOME?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)