pics of the dish farm...post yours too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1.8m offset dish ( prodelin w/ home made mount ) @ NSS11 108E
1.8m prime focus dish ( eurostar ) @ Asiasat3s 105E and Asiasat5 100E
60cm offset dish ( jonsa ) @ ABS5 146E

My exotic homemade setup :)
dsc01230ll.jpg

Conical Horn at 30W (54dBW satellite).

Dimensions of the bigger cone-> 12inch X 480inch

Gain of the antenna? Theory 39.5dBi, but it should have 38dBi. It enough to receive DVB-S2 8psk signal in a 54dBW satellite with clear sky. Check my precise support, a cardbox in a swivel chair (to Left/right position) and a receiver to elevate the antenna (grey thing under the box):D

This setup is running for over 4months.

Totaly bit on FTA

I have been playing around with this hobby for just over a year now and thanks to Satellite guys and the members and sponsors i have learned so much , but still have a ways to go .I wanted to share with you all what i have been able to do with dish hunting . I have toataly rebuilt the 7.5 Unimesh and the 8' perfect ten from just reading and following all the great advise here . I wish i had pics of the wife helping me carry the Perfect 10 thru the yard and setting it on the pole . I still have one more dish to complete and thats the 10' Prodelin . The mount is still at the shop getting powder coated . then it's time to plant it ( can't wait ).

Attachments

• FARM 1.JPG
    FARM 1.JPG
    733.6 KB · Views: 320
10 ft BUD is a USS steel, and the Ku is all channel master(former DTN and Primestar)
The .7 meter (hard to see) is mounted to the bottom lip of the BUD and tracks with it. All in the front yard. Not shown: 1 more 1.2 meter, also C.M. and former P-star.

Attachments

• myfarm.jpg
    myfarm.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Google_earth.jpg
    Google_earth.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 218
well here are the newest pics of my dish farm
(no this isnt a joke...roof being replaced tomorrow so I had to move the dish farm)

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    872.6 KB · Views: 212
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 215
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    296.9 KB · Views: 216
Took 2 hours to take it down. Had to take the clips out of the cable that went up the roof to the antenna first. Took that down and then the 3 dishes werent really that bad. One was almost welded to the roof. The cabling I left as is and just brought it off the roof. I'll take a pic once they remove the tarp from over it

They're doing the roof today so once they're done the dish farm will go back up...probably not today though. I do have ot get new bolts though. The ones on there are all nasty with rust and tar on them

Took 2 hours to take it down. Had to take the clips out of the cable that went up the roof to the antenna first. Took that down and then the 3 dishes werent really that bad. One was almost welded to the roof. The cabling I left as is and just brought it off the roof. I'll take a pic once they remove the tarp from over it

They're doing the roof today so once they're done the dish farm will go back up...probably not today though. I do have ot get new bolts though. The ones on there are all nasty with rust and tar on them

I take it you are still on the roof, Ice?...

Picture of my original four dishes and now my new fixed 6 footer which is for FTA with a single LNBF. For the other dishes they are being converted to dual LNBF's and using the GEOSATpro DSR-r100b receivers and then one will be setup for W5 programming hopefully still using a 920. Maybe a AzBox HD in the future.

Attachments

• img208.jpg
    img208.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 269
  • img040.jpg
    img040.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 258
Picture of my original four dishes and now my new fixed 6 footer which is for FTA with a single LNBF. For the other dishes they are being converted to dual LNBF's and using the GEOSATpro DSR-r100b receivers and then one will be setup for W5 programming hopefully still using a 920. Maybe a AzBox HD in the future.

Looks Great! :)

How far away are your BUDs from each other??? Do they "rub shoulders" or can you see the whole arc with each one??? I want to put up another BUD or 2 but cannot figure how to stagger them. Yours look like they are in a fairly straight line and am curious how that works out!

All those dishes and your own personal cell phone tower too! Nice! :)

Had Sprint service for years with poor coverage but then IWireless put up a tower so I switched and now no more dropped calls and get max bars on phone all the time. So with great phone service, wireless internet and great TV, life is good.

Looks Great! :)

How far away are your BUDs from each other??? Do they "rub shoulders" or can you see the whole arc with each one??? I want to put up another BUD or 2 but cannot figure how to stagger them. Yours look like they are in a fairly straight line and am curious how that works out!

They are basically in a curved line but still have enough room to do do the full arc if needed. When I installed them I figured that the two 7.5 footers would be just on W1 and G3 satellites and then only move for end of month updates. The 8 and 10 footers where able to cover everything and now the new 6 footer is just fixed on W5 for the new programming from Skyvision come next year. I had ordered a 410 for it but after listening to Mike on Access America I'll just use a 920 for the programming so I returned the 410 and will order another GEOSATpro. The only reason that I installed the 6 footer between the two 7.5 footers was there was a cable that was for KU and not needed and those dishes which will most likely only have single LNBF while the large dishes will have duals. Distance from each pole is 16 - 7 - 7 – 7 – 16 feet. Also I welded the 6 footer mount to the pole and then rigged it by using two old Winegard mounts to allow for adjustment. No part ever goes to waste.

Attachments

• img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 217
  • img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 226
  • img004.jpg
    img004.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 228
  • img035.jpg
    img035.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 226
  • img036.jpg
    img036.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 225

Very nice!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)