Playstation 3: No longer loosing money

randers29259

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Playstation 3 is no longer loosing money, looks like all those Sony haters are gonna have to find a new tune to sing...

So not only is it the best Game machine and Blu-Ray player available, it is no longer a money looser for Sony. I wonder when Toshiba will be able to say they are no longer loosing money on HD-DVD.

Hey does anyone know if it is true that all HD-DVD players have a Pentium Processor in them for the windows ce HDi ? I wonder if anyone has done a price breakdown on the Toshiba players ? It would be interesting to see what it costs Toshiba per unit.

Sony's Quarterly Profit Up 25 Percent: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Blasphemy :haha

LoL, sorry your talking to a guy who only payed $800 and $600 for his LCD tv's (Sharp and Sony though)

And Bought his HD-DVD add-on drive for $89 while Sams was clearing it out last year (and got 5 movies for the effort , he he).

I think the only thing I have not bought on clearance is my first xbox 360 :p

I won my 360 elite via sweepstakes. LOL

So I would say if they are making money now drop the prices and get more consoles off the shelves. Make people like me buy into BD :D

Im an impulse buyer, but try to be frugal. Is there such a thing?

I say this as Im prepping to spend $2500 on a new display device :D

I usually sell my current tv when I buy another to make some money back. Im actually gonna keep my RPLCD this time, world must be coming to an end!

Elway, you didn't tell me you were looking at a projector. If you don't get a projector, get the Kuro!

The PS3 may or may not be the best Blu-Ray player. It's definitely not the best gaming machine. As Blu guys always say to the HD DVD guys, all the bluster means nothing without content.

Seriously, the Wii won the gaming arena. Accept it.

Randers, the Toshiba Intel stuff is old news from the gen 1 players. The newer players can't cost more than $125. If so, Toshiba got ripped off. Open a 3rd gen player and shake your head. It definitely doesn't look or feel like the 1st or 2nd gen players in terms of build quality, etc.

Elway, you didn't tell me you were looking at a projector. If you don't get a projector, get the Kuro!

Honestly, I have no idea right now. Glad its months off. Samsung and Panasonic have their new models coming soon so itll be interesting.

Im leaning toward tv and going projector when I build a house.

I am seeing one consistency though, when you mention the Pioneer Kuro 5080, regardless of it being 720p, everyone says "get it" :D

Honestly, I have no idea right now. Glad its months off. Samsung and Panasonic have their new models coming soon so itll be interesting.

Im leaning toward tv and going projector when I build a house.

I am seeing one consistency though, when you mention the Pioneer Kuro 5080, regardless of it being 720p, everyone says "get it" :D

This ain't Blu-ray.com. People here understand that 720p really is HD.

I almost vomited yesterday when I read on the audioholics forum that this guy was talking about upgrading his Yamaha receiver since it could only do 1080i. :rolleyes:

This ain't Blu-ray.com. People here understand that 720p really is HD.

I almost vomited yesterday when I read on the audioholics forum that this guy was talking about upgrading his Yamaha receiver since it could only do 1080i. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I got hammered there for suggesting at 50"s you did not need 1080p.

Then I had to break out the chart. I think the PQ is just so great on the Kuro, its a grea tv. Granted its priced with 1080p Plasmas, but once again, its 50"'s.

The title is misleading. Their VIDEO game business is no longer losing money. The article says nothing about the PS3 itself being profitable. The last news I heard was that they would stop losing money on the PS3 in their upcoming fiscal year (March 08 - Feburary 09).

Last edited:
The article says nothing about the PS3 itself being profitable.
You don't really expect the blu cheerleaders to notice this "fine" distinction, do you?
With an attention span as short as BD's focusing distance, it would be a miracle if they did...
:)

Diogen.

The title is misleading. Their VIDEO game business is no longer losing money. The article says nothing about the PS3 itself being profitable. The last news I heard was that they would stop losing money on the PS3 in their upcoming fiscal year (March 08 - Feburary 09).

Agreed. All we know is that there were cost cuts on the PS3 and those cost cuts mean that thevideo game business asa whole is not losing money but we have no idea if there are still PS3 losses that are simply offset elsewhere in the business area.

So not only is it the best Game machine and Blu-Ray player available, ......
Hold on there Sparky,

It is the only game machine and blu Ray player Available. Also it is the worst game machine, clobbered by the WII in sales and painfully slow to load games due to its use of a BD drive. great BD player though. In light of these facts and the above debunking on the other points, this bit of Blu Smurf FUD thread needs to be closed.

Hold on there Sparky,

It is the only game machine and blu Ray player Available. Also it is the worst game machine, clobbered by the WII in sales and painfully slow to load games due to its use of a BD drive. great BD player though.

So HD-DVD is the worst format since BD sales clobber HD-DVD sales;)

Hold on there Sparky,

It is the only game machine and blu Ray player Available. Also it is the worst game machine, clobbered by the WII in sales and painfully slow to load games due to its use of a BD drive. great BD player though. In light of these facts and the above debunking on the other points, this bit of Blu Smurf FUD thread needs to be closed.

Wrong again sparky! The PS3 is the fastest loading HDM player on the market -- bar none. Nothing in HD-DVD or BD can beat it or even get close. Some say the Panney BD30 but I think that is wishful thinking.

As for comparison with the XBOX360 -- once again on newer titles you are wrong:

Devil May Cry 4: Preview -- Strategy Informer

Seems with the right programming a PS3 is every bit as fast loading the game is the XBOX360.

What Fud are you going to spread next?

It is a SLOW loading game machine. The wait between game levels is ridiculous.

You haven't played some of the new PS3 games. They have little or no waiting.

I have one game that is slow between levels. But guess what the same game is on the Xbox 360 and is even slower on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)