Playstation 3 will miss sales goal by 1.5 million units

They missed this goal in the first part of that 12 month period... sales are picking up now with no sign of slowing down. Yes, they missed their 12-month target, but it's not because they're selling badly now.

If it was the other way around, I'd agree with your "start of the downfall" idea.

They missed this goal in the first part of that 12 month period... sales are picking up now with no sign of slowing down. Yes, they missed their 12-month target, but it's not because they're selling badly now.

If it was the other way around, I'd agree with your "start of the downfall" idea.

Guess the year disproved the Sony exec that said they were probably charging to little for the PS3.

Release below 400 instead of 500 or 600 :p

I still wanna know whats up with the missing 80gig. Gamestop is now saying the 120gig is coming with the DS3.

They should really drop the 40gig to $349.

I readed somewhere that Sony stopped the bleeding on the PS3, I will post the link when I find it.

I readed somewhere that Sony stopped the bleeding on the PS3, I will post the link when I find it.

yeah they are breaking even now. :) time for them to lower the prices. companies usually Don't make money on Hardware, the more systems out there the more money software sales make :)

They are brakinng even on video games in general we do not know if this is true of the PS 3

I readed somewhere......
Did you really? With spelling like that your reading skills are in doubt. BTW I think you "readed" wrong anyway if the other thread is what you are referencing.
The title is misleading. Their VIDEO game business is no longer losing money. The article says nothing about the PS3 itself being profitable. The last news I heard was that they would stop losing money on the PS3 in their upcoming fiscal year (March 08 - Feburary 09).

Did you really? With spelling like that your reading skills are in doubt. BTW I think you "readed" wrong anyway if the other thread is what you are referencing.
:D Now that was kind of funny. Sorry Ice. lol

The best laugh I've had here in a long while. Where ya at Icewolf??? Don't disappear on us now.

That aint going to happen.

I'm certainly not going to guarantee it... but I think it's got a better chance of happening than you're giving it. The PS3 has been pretty steadily gaining on the 360, there is still a big PS2 installed base out there that might decide to start upgrading, Sony may decide to stop making the PS2 at some point this year and there will probably be another price drop at some point.

No guarantee here... but no surprise if it happens either.

I'm certainly not going to guarantee it... but I think it's got a better chance of happening than you're giving it. The PS3 has been pretty steadily gaining on the 360, there is still a big PS2 installed base out there that might decide to start upgrading, Sony may decide to stop making the PS2 at some point this year and there will probably be another price drop at some point.

No guarantee here... but no surprise if it happens either.
Kind of what I was thinking. Even if it does not overtake it, i see the gap getting smaller

Note they do not think it will pass Xbox in the US, but EU. They think it could tie Xbox in the US. Given Asia being a PS3 stronghold, getting EU could push it past Xbox worldwide.

Note they do not think it will pass Xbox in the US, but EU. They think it could tie Xbox in the US. Given Asia being a PS3 stronghold, getting EU could push it past Xbox worldwide.

Sometimes I feel like Asia is an ANTI -US stronghold. LoL, its so hard to sell products there.

MS is set to undercut the Wii with their Arcade 360, and I doubt it will even sell then.

Anyone looking at paying $349 for a 360 right now has to seriously look at the PS3, which already has built in BD and wireless internet, for $399 now that they are starting to come out with more and better games.

I just bought a PS3 a couple of weeks ago - so add me to the yearly total. I have never purchased a game station in my life and felt I couldn't overlook what the PS3 could do. I thought it would have more use then the 360. The 360 has way more games - but I only can play 1-2 at a time. As long as the PS3 has that many games every few months to saturate my interest - I will be happy.

The 360 here recently did surpass the PS3 in Japan for sales in a time period which I can't remember right now. It was just after Ace Combat 6 came out. If Sony drops the price of the PS3, I can almost guarantee you that MS will follow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)