Sony PS3 sales dissapointing

I'm not a PS3 fan or anything, but it was Dec. I am sure they sold more PS3s than at any other time of the year. So their sales didn't plummet at all, and judging by the sales numbers from past weeks it looks like they may have doubled sales from Nov.
While this is the war zone, your title is not true and seems only designed to get people angry.

Once again look at the prices. I worked with a lot of people looking to buy a system for their kids and it was usually a Wii or a 360 (the $249 arcade system). $400 for a gamer or someone wanting to watch Blu's is fine but as a gift for a kid it doesn't work well.

Ok, they sold less than the 360 or Wii, what else is new? So show me where the sales plummeted as you stated in your thread title. :rolleyes:

mods please change "plummet" to "dissapointing" or "lagging behind"
Lagging behind would be more accurate.

I dont think anyone minds facts, we all know that the ps3 sells less consoles at this point than the Wii and 360, just dont try to overstate what is happening. The sales did not plummet as far as I know (and in fact may have risen). Now if you can prove that they did, keep it as is.

Plummet? Lagging? But didn't Sony sell 1.2 million PS3s over the Holiday Season (Black Friday through 31 December)...and 3.9 combined game consoles if you include PS2 and PSP (1.3 and 1.4 million units).:confused: Oh, and those 3.9 million are North America sales only.

Plummet? Lagging? But didn't Sony sell 1.2 million PS3s over the Holiday Season (Black Friday through 31 December)...and 3.9 combined game consoles if you include PS2 and PSP (1.3 and 1.4 million units).:confused: Oh, and those 3.9 million are North America sales only.
Yeah, the numbers dont even match.

You have to admit sales for the PS 3 have been disappointing. I figured by now they would be the more dominate gaming machine out there. It is going to take a long time for the PS 3 to gain the market share.

They are being outsold 3:1 by the 360.

Total install base in the US of the XBOX 360 is 9.2 million consoles. Playstation 3 has 3.3 million and the Wii 7.4 million.
- DVDtown.com

Maybe retailers should stop selling the PS3. It is being outsold 3:1 by the 360 and we already have half a dozen game formats. We only need one game console/format. This will confuse JSP. We need to end this game console/format war now!

Maybe retailers should stop selling the PS3. It is being outsold 3:1 by the 360 and we already have half a dozen game formats. We only need one game console/format. This will confuse JSP. We need to end this game console/format war now!
If thats the case, should retailers quit selling HD-dvd discs? They are getting outsold by about that margin. I dont think so.

wait, so now you guys are going to include the PS3 as a bluray movie player and bring it into here? I am confused you guys say dont count the ps3, but then you find an article that goes against it, its oh look the PS3 sucks as a Movie player and Video game machine....then your very next post in another thread will be well, blu ray players are being outsold by HD DVD players (dont count the Ps3 because it dosent count as a player) make up your minds.

wait, so now you guys are going to include the PS3 as a bluray movie player and bring it into here? I am confused you guys say dont count the ps3, but then you find an article that goes against it, its oh look the PS3 sucks as a Movie player and Video game machine....then your very next post in another thread will be well, blu ray players are being outsold by HD DVD players (dont count the Ps3 because it dosent count as a player) make up your minds.
i think you misunderstand. It only counts when the numbers look good for the other side. When they dont then no, it doesnt

Hey vurbano, still **** hurt that HD-DVD still lost?
No matter if the 360 outsells the PS3 5-1, blu-ray still won the war.

What a sad loss :D.

Edit: And the 360 doesn't come with a built in HD-DVD. Cry more.

as far as the war goes, HDDVD is not Done 100% yet so lets not get carried away...They still have a quality product, and they could have an ace up their sleeve.