Playstation 3 will miss sales goal by 1.5 million units

I just bought a PS3 a couple of weeks ago - so add me to the yearly total. I have never purchased a game station in my life and felt I couldn't overlook what the PS3 could do. I thought it would have more use then the 360. The 360 has way more games - but I only can play 1-2 at a time. As long as the PS3 has that many games every few months to saturate my interest - I will be happy.

It was my first game console too (and I'm pushing middle age). As a new gamer, I highly recommend "Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction" and "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" (set to "Easy") if you aren't already into them. I think at this point I've been spending more hours playing games on my PS3 than watching movies... and I bought it primarily to be a BD player.

I'm certainly not going to guarantee it... but I think it's got a better chance of happening than you're giving it. The PS3 has been pretty steadily gaining on the 360, there is still a big PS2 installed base out there that might decide to start upgrading, Sony may decide to stop making the PS2 at some point this year and there will probably be another price drop at some point.

No guarantee here... but no surprise if it happens either.
Its more likely the Xbox will price drop then the PS3. I think Sony dumbed it down as far as possible.

I remember where I read the sales numbers for Xbox 360 and PS3. It was GameInformer, but the sales numbers were for the month of November where the Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 by 300k.

I remember where I read the sales numbers for Xbox 360 and PS3. It was GameInformer, but the sales numbers were for the month of November where the Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 by 300k.

Yeah they beat them by about double in December in the US as well.

Line up though this year is not as good for the 360. Some great games coming but more for the PS3. This is why many are predicting a catch up in sales for the PS3.

But something like a 360 price drop may skew those numbers once again. Will be interesting to watch.

Yeah they beat them by about double in December in the US as well.

Line up though this year is not as good for the 360. Some great games coming but more for the PS3. This is why many are predicting a catch up in sales for the PS3.

But something like a 360 price drop may skew those numbers once again. Will be interesting to watch.

Very interesting.

Did anyone see what one of the PC magazines said about the PS3 recently??? One of the worst hardware flops of the year. LMFAO

Last edited:
What year was that? I remember the article in 2006 then subsequentkly called ita great value. Did they say the same thing in 2007 or 2008?

What year was that? I remember the article in 2006 then subsequentkly called ita great value. Did they say the same thing in 2007 or 2008?
I picked it up and read it at my fathers house last night, I think it was recent. I will check on that again but I thought it was Jan 2008. It could be that they are just looking at profit.

I am not saying it is not the case. I just thought that they had changed their tune on the PS3. But perhaps they have changed it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)