Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet? (Dec poll)

Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

• Yes

Votes: 171 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 88 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tnsprin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2003
Its Christmas Eve and I just got the 998 channel in my guide. Still haven't gotten the cards.

So I thought it was about time to put up a new poll to see how many have gotten the new smartcard.

Its Christmas Eve and I just got the 998 screen in my guide. Still haven't gotten the cards.

So I thought it was about time to put up a new poll to see how many have gotten the new smartcard.
nope..I have a 3500(yes it's old school purch in Feb of 1998) 501 and a 508..No new cards yet

Nice. Good to know that I'm not the only one waiting for their third set of cards. On the second set, we even received an automated phone call warning us to pay attention to the mail as the cards will be arriving sometime within the next 10 days. We verified that Dish had the correct mailing address this latest time too.

Nice to see a new poll. This one should give a better idea of card changeout status. (received mine three weeks ago). The envelope looked like junk mail.

Yep. Got em' in early December. 3 total. 1 for the 722 I've had since Feb., and 2 for 508's that I just had activated (replacements for 7200's) a few weeks before.

Got mine last week. Got my eastern arc dish running and my side sat for 110 pointed and I now have eastern arc for all my programming except my Houston locals. I think that the video quality is much improved on my sd channels. My back bedroom tube hdtv has always looked like it had pixelation in the back ground on DISH using western arc dish, but now it looks very sharp .

I would have to say yes and no. Yes, I got new smart cards for my first 622 and 508. I just got another 622 about 2 weeks ago and am waiting for a new smart card for it. Just got the automated phone call today telling me it should be here any time now.

I got mine a few days ago and updated with no problems...they send them to your service address, not billing, so I was looking for them in the wrong place. Funny thing is the website still shows my 211 with the old smartcard number. I wonder how long it takes for the system to update your new smartcard number when you log into the website?

I would have to say yes and no. Yes, I got new smart cards for my first 622 and 508. I just got another 622 about 2 weeks ago and am waiting for a new smart card for it. Just got the automated phone call today telling me it should be here any time now.

That phone call may have been for the cards you just received. If you just got a new 622, it may not need the card if it was manufactured within the last 4 or so months. Remember, the new receivers have the new card built in.

On the first poll I voted NO as I did not get them yet. I received the cards around the beginning of December so I just voted YES. No problems here with my 211 and 722. Everything went smoothly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)