Post your Hopper/Joey Temps.

Hopper 1:

Hi : 123
Lo : 111
Avg: 116

The Hopper/ViP readings from strictly the HDD. HDDs do not like to go above 140. The Hopper HDDs seem to run cooler than my 722k HDD. IIRC the 722k's high is right at 140. I'll post the temps from all the other receivers when I use them. No telling how insanely hot other areas of the receivers are.

The Joeys temperature readings come from a sensor located on the main PCB that is about an inch away from the CPU. Hence the higher readings. The Joeys get hot enough to nearly burn your finger when horizontal. Keep in mind though, that is because the top of the Joey is just barely higher than the CPU heatsink. When you put it vertical, the heat rises to the side of the Joey which is much farther away, hence it feels cooler. The Joey may report slightly different temps due to the sensor notification, but believe me, things get HOT in there, horizontal or vertical.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Hopper (been on around 19 hours):

High 120
Low 73
Avg 96

I did not check the Joey. Tech installed it vertically, and its in the wide open air, so im not too worried.

Hopper 1 with outside fan in cabinet

High 105
Low 93
Avg 98

Hopper 2 also with fan not in cabinet

High 104
Low 89
Avg 96

Joey standing vertical

High 131
Low 118
Avg 123

New install 26 Feb 2013.

Hopper w/Sling 1 with Dual Fan Cooling System

High: 113
Low: 66
Avg: 102

Hopper w/Sling 2 with Dual Fan Cooling System

High: 113
Low: 64
Avg: 100

Hopper w/Sling 3 no fan

High: 114
Low: 75
Avg: 104

Hopper w/Sling 4 with Dual Fan Cooling System

High: 114
Low: 73
Avg: 102

Joey no fan

High: 132
Low: 55
Avg: 114

Attachments

• Hopper - Joey Temps.xls
    33 KB · Views: 108
The only reason I put a laptop fan under one of my Hoppers is because the Hopper's fan would run at a higher speed which was too noisy in the living room. It was operating fine; it was the fan noise that was the problem. It is in an entertainment center enclosure. The numbers weren't that bad, but it was just enough, I guess. My other hopper in an audio pier not enclosed is fine.

Including the High, Low and Average.

Post HLA for as many Hopper and Joeys as you have.

Hit yellow button, network setup, tests, view counters, and use the page down button to scroll until you see something like "HD Temp".

Hopper :
High: 125
Low: 46 (Hopper was brought out of a cold truck when it got installed).
Average: 109

I just had my Hopper installed last week. Following your instructions, test does not offer a temp option, only broadband and phone tests.

High: 98
Low: 87
Average: 89

Yes, I have a cooling system attached to the side of the Hopper. Before I installed it I was averaging 110-120.

I just had my Hopper installed last week. Following your instructions, test does not offer a temp option, only broadband and phone tests.
You're in the right menu and almost there, just need to click "View Counters" and scroll down several pages (forget how many it is).

The product is called x pad . It works wonders on laptops . There are no fans on it as it creates a gap between the laptop and pad allowing all the heat to escape. I tried tons on cooling pads but haven't tried it on the hopper yet. I'm sure it'll work pretty good. Most of the time those cooling fans blow the hot air right back into it. Is there a difference in using a cooling product? Does it speed up the hopper greatly?

The product is called x pad . It works wonders on laptops . There are no fans on it as it creates a gap between the laptop and pad allowing all the heat to escape. I tried tons on cooling pads but haven't tried it on the hopper yet. I'm sure it'll work pretty good. Most of the time those cooling fans blow the hot air right back into it. Is there a difference in using a cooling product? Does it speed up the hopper greatly?

When I experimented putting spacers under my 722s the temperatures did not change much. So I tried out the 722 Dual Cooling Fans attached to two of my 722s and for my other two 722s I had the 722 Single Fan attached and the temps came down. The fans do not blow hot air into the DVRs, they suck it out. When my 722s cooled down they quit crashing on me and acting crazy. I am not sure if heating is an issue with the Hoppers or not. Based on this thread they appear to run cooler. I am not taking a change so I am keeping the temps down. I have a Joey fan on order and the manufactuer is making me another fan assembly for my fourth Hopper. This dual fan assembly is a little smaller so it should fit the side of the Hopper a little better. But it may not cool as good because the fans are smaller and it might be nosier. I will see how it goes when I receive it. The manufacturer has parts on order to finish making it then he will send to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)