Preferred Customer Offer still exist?

Riah

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
Central PA
Does any one know if the preferred customer offer still exists and if it does how to get it since it does not appear on the web site?

My 2 year preferred customer promo is nearly up. Are there still good offers available and what’s the best number to call now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are the currently available offers Service Agreements

You need to wait until your current promo expires, or some of the offers may not show up for your account yet.

As far as I know, there is no longer a dedicated phone number for retention. I just called the regular number and the CSR was helpful and accommodating last month when I renewed.

On the Cancel My Dish page, they list a number for Lower Your Bill. I called this last month and got directly to someone who helped upgrade me to a Hopper Duo and Joey 3, and continued my same discount for another year. The number is 866-974-3285.
Did you have to do a 2 year contract? I had a 4k joey replaced with wireless and want to go back to a wired joey but want me to do a 2 year contract.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Am I better off to say I’m canceling and going to YTTV for the best deal or just tell them I want a new 2 year preferred customer offer?
I don't think it helps to threaten to cancel, unless you actually intend to follow through. I've seen others do that and they called their bluff. I always just call and pleasantly ask them to find the best deal they can for me. I usually end up getting the same deal I had last time, plus a couple of $5 increases thrown in.

I don't think it helps to threaten to cancel, unless you actually intend to follow through. I've seen others do that and they called their bluff. I always just call and pleasantly ask them to find the best deal they can for me. I usually end up getting the same deal I had last time, plus a couple of $5 increases thrown in.
I guess it depends on person. I've seen plenty of people get deals after threatening to cancel. I actually recommend that tactic lol
Usually the first person you talk to can't do it and will transfer to cancelation department and then once there that's where the deals happen. Just tell directv has a better deal and you're going to cancel unless they bring price down. Ask for a $40 credit for two years if you sign a new contract. They may not always give you the 40 but will come back with 20 or 30.

Yes, since we got new equipment we had to do a two-year contract.

On my reupping if I wanted a 2 year Contract with Price Lock, it'd cost me $50 extra a month. Glad they'd only give me a year. Since I was calling to cancel and was already to do it with no FoMo. I'm leaving at the end of it. We have two H3s and never use them.

I'm putting an Outdoor Long Range AP on the 129 J mount. Gotta do something with it since it's anchored for eternity on the top of the chimney.

On my reupping if I wanted a 2 year Contract with Price Lock, it'd cost me $50 extra a month. Glad they'd only give me a year. Since I was calling to cancel and was already to do it with no FoMo. I'm leaving at the end of it. We have two H3s and never use them.

I'm putting an Outdoor Long Range AP on the 129 J mount. Gotta do something with it since it's anchored for eternity on the top of the chimney.
You must be a masochist. You have been complaining since day one. :)

So if I just go to the price lock on My Dish and agree to the 2 year price lock and submit, I get two years without an increase, but if I call in I could get a 2 year discount plus price lock? The only choices I have under my offers are My Gift Cards, Shop for internet and Price Lock.

Attachments

• DISH Price Lock Offer.JPG
    DISH Price Lock Offer.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 60
So if I just go to the price lock on My Dish and agree to the 2 year price lock and submit, I get two years without an increase, but if I call in I could get a 2 year discount plus price lock? The only choices I have under my offers are My Gift Cards, Shop for internet and Price Lock.
Yep-gotta call and get by the first line of CSR.As the man said "No gain without pain".