Preferred Customer Offer still exist?

[mention]That American Girl [/mention] any new insight you might be able to share on 2 year preferred customer promotion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
I called the number that Clark Gable provided. The Colorado based CSR went through my options for programming changes (from 250) and turns out there isn't a way to save money lowering packages and doing addons to get all the channels we watch. I was offered $10 off a month for 24 months and I took the deal, better than 0.

Alright, finally called. I told the automated system I was calling to cancel. I was routed to the “Loyalty” team. It was a very busy and noisy call center in the background. Before I could say anything, they immediately asked if I was calling about renewing my promotional pricing.

I ended up with a $25/mo discount over 2 years + one time $40 credit on my next bill. It appears to be a $5 decrease in the promotion compared to my previous agreement, plus a $5 increase in the plan prices so it still $10 more a month than I was paying with my previous 2 year preferred customer offer.

Alright, finally called. I told the automated system I was calling to cancel. I was routed to the “Loyalty” team. It was a very busy and noisy call center in the background. Before I could say anything, they immediately asked if I was calling about renewing my promotional pricing.

I ended up with a $25/mo discount over 2 years + one time $40 credit on my next bill. It appears to be a $5 decrease in the promotion compared to my previous agreement, plus a $5 increase in the plan prices so it still $10 more a month than I was paying with my previous 2 year preferred customer offer.

Is another two-year commitment required?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I called the regular CSR line and surprisingly had no problem (I was ready for aggravation!). Same offers as last year...either $25 off a month for a two year commitment with a price lock or $40 monthly credit for a one year commitment with no price lock. Considering I only got hit for a $5 increase last year that impacted two months I took the $40. Not sure if the fact that I have had Dish for almost 20 years played into it although they did make a point of acknowledging that and thanking me.

Still don't get why they wouldn't be more aggressive with a longer term commitment but then again I am still amazed the discussion starts with them trying to see if you don't need everything you currently have.