Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

Hopper fee increases in addition to programming fee increases are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't find it ridiculous at all. It was going to happen I'm just surprised it happened so quickly. It only makes sense that Dish wants everyone paying the same fee for the Hopper system.

I'd love to see people turn in their Hoppers in protest and get 211 receivers instead. Maybe it would send a message. I 100% agree it is nonsense to raise the fee for those longer time customers who were not paying the new amounts. In these days of computers who cares if some pay one amount and other another. It's just two different amounts I think to help keep customers who realize they are getting a perk, they can do that.

I thought Dish America Silver and Gold were discontinued after the last increase. Dish America at 34$ was a good price.. at 44? Not to much .
10$ increase, or 23% increase in 1 year...

Yep, from what Angel posted, my bill (250 2H/1J) will go up $12. Ok, I can drop the Joey, and I already plan to drop the BB@H. Still not good.

Same here, premiums for me will be going bye for me

That sucks on losing grandfathered Hopper status. So that means $12 more per month for us at minimum. Edit: Just caught the post about a possible $5 credit so I guess it won't be so bad.

I am going to have the exact same increase on my bill. That sucks.

They have had Dish for about 5 years now after doing the switch every 2 or 3 years dance for a long time to save money before then. They agreed to a contract extension for the hopper upgrade when they first came out. Luckily their contract will be expiring in March or April. That way they will be able to test out the other guy's promo pricing if this is too much for them. I still have another year and four months on my contract so I'm not going anywhere any time soon. I only have 1 HWS and 1 Joey so my increase will be a little easier to stomach.

Well as we are speculating, I have to wonder about the Disney/ABC channels all lighting up in HD one day maybe. I know that's not a big deal for some, but would be nice

I don't find it ridiculous at all. It was going to happen I'm just surprised it happened so quickly. It only makes sense that Dish wants everyone paying the same fee for the Hopper system.

Generating an additional $7 increase on many subs in addition to the $5 increase that will apply to just about everyone is dumb. That's a 10% bump in my Bill for hardware that has been in service for a while and is not creating a new cost for them.

Well as we are speculating, I have to wonder about the Disney/ABC channels all lighting up in HD one day maybe. I know that's not a big deal for some, but would be nice

I'd say at the very least now DISH has to get that done.

Looks like I'll have to do some remodeling of my current set up. May need to downgrade a package and get rid of a Joey. I can just mirror off a Hopper to that room or something.

Generating an additional $7 increase on many subs in addition to the $5 increase that will apply to just about everyone is dumb. That's a 10% bump in my Bill for hardware that has been in service for a while and is not creating a new cost for them.

It's bad timing but I knew it was going to increase at some point. Sucks but I knew it was coming.

I dont have Hopper so that increase will not effect me...although the reason not to take hopper was exactly the same....higher bill.

But once this 5 extra comes in to At200...& including taxes, DVR fees...its going over 80. I cannot downgrade because my wife has to have Bravo TV. Only update if Dish will include Bravo in 120 package or sell it al-la-carte. Another option is to check the cable offers

It's bad timing but I knew it was going to increase at some point. Sucks but I knew it was coming.

In a sense its fair also for newer subs who takes Hopper. But yeah...if you have 2 hopper then a 7 increase for hardware is tough. Dish needs to throw in the 1st joey free on the account.

In a sense its fair also for newer subs who takes Hopper. But yeah...if you have 2 hopper then a 7 increase for hardware is tough. Dish needs to throw in the 1st joey free on the account.

There really needs to be 1 whole home fee regardless of how many hoppers.

Other option: (if i was the kiosk's owner). leases fro free one or two transport and other company offered a package "ESPN and Disney Suite" offered by a second company Remember Directv and USSB?

Yeah a $12 increase in one month is ridiculous no matter how you slice it. My parents love their Hopper/Joey setup but they won't take that much of an increase without getting anything for it. They will either replace their 2nd Hopper with a Joey and deal with their tuner conflicts or switch to someone else and get new customer promos. It just sucks that they paid an extra $200 to lease a second Hopper because they were the same price at the time.

I will be ok dropping down to AT120+ and keeping my HWS and 1 Joey for now. I will reconsider my options when the contract runs out.

Dish needs to throw in the 1st joey free on the account.
even if they did, they would just raise the hopper price to $14 per month instead. Dish will still make the same money and you'll still be paying for that joey indirectly. All freebies have a real cost that end up being paid for elsewhere in the bill.

Their programming costs have gone up. Or perhaps I should say UP!

Still, the increases have got to force more and more people to consider their options.

My magic 8 ball sees a lot of churn in Dish's future.

LOL...so true. Those that held out on the MG dispute are now switching with the Bonten Media dispute. The stragglers holding on now will surely seal the deal when they get an increase & don't have wcyb back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)