Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

Well, they finally did it. Long time AEP sub now an AT250 sub. These prices are getting out of hand (I know, it's the same everywhere, but still)...

Was reading up on some of the changes for the Spring Promotion and it looks like people who will get the price protection discounts will have to keep their same programming package throughout that period. If you change your package while receiving credits it sounds like you will no longer receive them.

Was reading up on some of the changes for the Spring Promotion and it looks like people who will get the price protection discounts will have to keep their same programming package throughout that period. If you change your package while receiving credits it sounds like you will no longer receive them.

Would that be all packages? What about these packages? International Basic / Italian Raitalia / Heartland / Outdoor Sports / Multi-Sport. Where did you read about changes for the Spring Promotion?

But dropping BB@H is OK?

Are you talking about just the new customers who are getting price protection discounts on their programming package, or would that apply to the grandfathered 2nd Hopper fee protection for 18 months? I would hope not, as that does not make sense to restrict programming level based on a fee-based protection discount.

From what I understand it would be for customers that are still in the first year of their contract. Those customers will receive a credit on their account that offsets the increase to their package. So if they have the AT200 and signed up last July they would receive a $5 credit on their bill until this July. If the customer changes their package from the AT200 to the AT120 I believe they will no longer receive the $5 credit and will just pay the new full price for the AT120.

If the customer changes their package from the AT200 to the AT120 I believe they will no longer receive the $5 credit and will just pay the new full price for the AT120.
I believe you meant to say new discounted price? (without the $5 credits)

this latest price increase is making us reevaluate things once again! :(

looks like we will get a tivo again and test the waters.....

I've thought about TiVo but I don't have 500.00 for the lifetime subscription plus another 200.00 to buy the DVR. It would only work with comcast or wow around here.

One point that Dish may think about is that all of the early subscribers to H/J systems are about to go out of contract. Mine is up on March 18. I'm not planning on doing anything because we like our systems but it does give me leverage when my current $5/6mos premium channel/BB@H discount expires in April. I see posts which denigrate subs who are constantly looking for discounts but I'm not proud. In addition to the other service I'm also going to be able to look at my cableco as an alternative as they are implementing a 6 tuner whole home MOCA option this year.

I've thought about TiVo but I don't have 500.00 for the lifetime subscription plus another 200.00 to buy the DVR. It would only work with comcast or wow around here.
Do what I did, and buy a used Tivo w/lifetime first. See what you think of it and if you like it, then buy a new unit (or another used unit). You can always use it for OTA recording to supplement your Dish dvr. Used Series 3's can be had for $200 and used Premiere's can be found for $300.

Do what I did, and buy a used Tivo w/lifetime first. See what you think of it and if you like it, then buy a new unit (or another used unit). You can always use it for OTA recording to supplement your Dish dvr. Used Series 3's can be had for $200 and used Premiere's can be found for $300.

That is the plan here. we need an older style tivo with dual inputs as we get free cable in our area (PQ is horrible). We did the TivoHD years ago, but the first model premiere seems a lot better. Our kids have pretty much taken to streaming all the shows they care about, and they do not seem to mind the cable PQ quality.

Our internet and satellite bills have both creeped up over the past few years. As of right now , our Dish bill stands at ~$70/mo (~$95/mo during the NFL season) and internet runs ~$70/mo. Seems like it wasn't too long ago that $100/mo was more than enough to cover both......

The plan is to setup a premiere in an extra room to test the waters. As mentioned, a used one with lifetime can be had for ~$300.

Last edited:
NOT happy about this.. :mad:

Especially after I was told I could buy the “free HD for life” package which I recall was $90, at ANYTIME I WANTED.

After I got caught up on my bills where I could shell out the $90 for that package I was told I can no longer do that and I have to pay an extra $10 a month forever now to get HD. :mad:

NOT HAPPY....... :mad:

Another thing that chaps my a** is that one of their commercials shows their logo dancing and taunting the Direct TV logo about their high monthly fees which they say is $105 a month.
Well my bill was at $104 a month until I dropped BB@Home and saved $10 a month but now it’s going up again.

Frickin UNHAPPY! :mad:

NOT happy about this.. :mad:

Especially after I was told I could buy the “free HD for life” package which I recall was $90, at ANYTIME I WANTED.

After I got caught up on my bills where I could shell out the $90 for that package I was told I can no longer do that and I have to pay an extra $10 a month forever now to get HD. :mad:

NOT HAPPY....... :mad:

Why don't you just do auto pay and paperless billing to get your free HD? Not sure why you're so upset, promotions change all the time.

Why don't you just do auto pay and paperless billing to get your free HD? Not sure why you're so upset, promotions change all the time.

she bitched about it 2 months ago
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...s-quite-unhappy-How-do-you-contact-DIRT-folks

and back in that thread I said if she did the contract when she signed up she'd have 3 months left...now she'd have ONE month left of the contract
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...-you-contact-DIRT-folks?p=3311298#post3311298

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts