Primary Receiver

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
When I signed for dish I had got the 3 room plan where you own the equipment. I had a Super Dish 2 311's and 1 510. I was told that I had to make one of the boxes a Primary Receiver. I made one of the 311's Primary so I can trade the 510 for a 721 down the road.

A year later I already sold the 510 and picked up a 721. I have a 522 on the way and plan on disconnecting one of the 311's. Since I wont even need the Primary 311 anymore can I get Dish change the 721 or 522 to primary?

Or am I stuck with leaving one of the 311's active?

Once you are out of contract on your original equipment, you can have the 311's and the 510 shut off, none of them HAVE so stay on, as long as there is some reciever on the account active.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably wait for some reup deal when I upgrade to HD. Does dish still do the HD in a box...

yes, however I haven't heard much about the HD in a box with the Rear projection set anymore. Retailer Channel keeps showing the LCD flat screens now. You could call customer service and ask if a reup is in order for your HD needs. I'm sure they'll be able to help you, especially now that Dish has added the programming provider Voom.

techdood said:
yes, however I haven't heard much about the HD in a box with the Rear projection set anymore. Retailer Channel keeps showing the LCD flat screens now. You could call customer service and ask if a reup is in order for your HD needs. I'm sure they'll be able to help you, especially now that Dish has added the programming provider Voom.

Thanks

DISH has cleared out the RCA HDTV sets they were selling and has discontinued the LCD TV's according to Jim DeFranco due to reliability problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)