Status
Please reply by conversation.

ElroyJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Any body have this problem.

After I do a channel scan or power scan of a satellite and then go into the channel list to change the channel. When moving the up or down selection to select a different channel. It copies the text, usually from a channel labeled ocasion use-1 and shows the channel number as 65535. As I keep moving the selection up it keeps recopying this. The only way I can stop this weird behavior is to reload a channel backup which of course loses my latest scan. It does not happen every time and am not sure if it happens on each satellite but am sure it happens to Galaxy 11 and AMC 5. This is really anoying. I only have about 600 channels total so I am no where near the limit.

I have the latest firmware also.

I might give Fortec a call to see if they have seen this. Or know of trick to stop it. Without starting over.

I don't see that on either of my Merc's . You could go to "Menu" Factory Reset and "Channel Backup" to backup your channels . The do a factory reset, turn off the Merc, turn on the Merc, and do a channel recovery in the Reset menu.
See if that doesn't change the behavior. What you describe is certainly strange.

:)

Brent

I've had that happen also>maybe on the same satellite, with this Viewsat.
It wouldn't have registered with me if it hadn't been that same weird 65===number you mentioned.
So it might not be anything with your rec, with mine, that strange number was showing up in the transponder list. Once I deleted it, it hasn't come back lately. Could be something weird about G11 ku .

I think it is related to the Merc but not sure.

Thanks brent but thats prety much what I do to get it back working again.

I am afraid to backup the channel list after I have the issue because it will probably backup the issue and restore with the issue and then I ill really have to take drastic measures to fix it.

When I restore the previous backup it works ok until I scan again.

My next suggestion is to save your channels. load the factory default. Then reload the 1.53 firmware from your computer again.
Then with new firmware load, restore channels, and try to see if this fixes anything. If it doesn't , then maybe there's a warranty fix in store for you.

Brent

Here is what I did just so if anybody gets in the same situation they can try this.

I am not sure if I just got lucky or not but I am back to working normally with an updated Satellite.

I backed up the channels to the PC. I then ran a scan and then before looking at the channels I backed the new scan up.

Then after these were backed up I looked at it and the same weird behavior existed after the last scan.

I then did a factory reset and then reloaded the new scanned channels and the issue was still there. I reloaded the original channels before the scan and as always the issue was gone.

I then did a factory reset and just set up Galaxy 11. I deleted extra transponders which I have been doing each time and then Powerscanned and channel scanned and everything was working ok.

I then backed this up to the PC just in case I needed it.

I then reloaded the last backup after the weird behavior scan and this time their was no weird behavior. So I guess a factory reset and then just rescanning Galaxy 11 fixed it. It doesn't make sense since reloading channels reloads just about everything.

Reloading the firmware might have fixed it also but I didn't want to go that route unless I had to.

After a factory reset the original Sats are listed with the original programmed TPs. I deleted all of them except one. I hate that they have any TPs loaded after a reset. The reason I started this to begin with was I had 44 TPs on Galaxy 11. I like to start clean with a Powerscan.

Glad to hear your explanation. It's hard to know how to recover from these strange "glitches", but apparently you did, without screwing up your existing channels. It's better to try lots of different things ( if you have the time), rather than clearing the box out and reloading the firmware.
Good Job.

Brent

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)