Problems With H-10 Reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ralfaro03

Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
Anybody else having problems with their hd h-10 reciever? I have great signals on my transponders but hbo, showtme, uhd,hdmovie break up, pause and freeze ,but i have great signals Any help would be great. :confused:

Same exact problem it just started about 2 weeks ago, HBOHD Show HO HDNet ESPN HD, They freeze and then lock up the box. I been too busy to deal with it.

I must say I kind of hate D*, Between the very, very bad instalers, My problems with an OTA, bad picture quality, even worse pricing and overall idoitness, cable is looking better and better, And I am sure I hate cable.

Kind of funny:

I will grant they blew it by having crap manufacturers contracted to make their crappy branded receivers. At least they wised up with Humax on the new MPEG4 boxes.

However.

Installers are contractors (not DirecTV employees) your issue is directly with them.
OTA issues are no fault of DirecTV. Check your antenna or call your affiliate.
PQ is or par with everyone else, thus everyone can be better. At least DirecTV is in position to do so.
Prices are on par or better for what is offered than everyone else.
Sounds like you just want to go to cable.

ralfaro03 said:
Anybody else having problems with their hd h-10 reciever? I have great signals on my transponders but hbo, showtme, uhd,hdmovie break up, pause and freeze ,but i have great signals Any help would be great. :confused:

Have you had your dish checked for signal issues? How about your RG6? What cables do you use between the receiver and the TV?

I use 2 HD boxes both with component; one to a RPTV and one to a FPTV and I have no brakes, feezes, etc.

Dude what is D* giving you to smoke? I want some!

1 Sub contractors or not that is who D* has doing the installs, D* then HAS to answear for their actions! So if they suck it is a negative for D*, simple marketing rules: the frontlines employees provide the name and face of your company: I have never seen a CSR have you?

2 I hear this all the time about the OTA, how its not D* problem bla bla bla. I ended up fixing this my self, again even though they hooked it up at install they did it wrong (see #1). But my question is this about OTA, If the programming is available, should'nt D* try and provide it? Most cable companyies provide local HD broadcasts, Voom was pretty good about it Dish sucks at it as well. So from just a competitve standpoint I think it would make sense to deal with OTA. I bet you say mpeg4 here!

3 PQ We can exchange verbage for hours here on this one, but I think its basicaly a mater of optical fortitude on ones part.

4 Price, Well considering I am getting bent over for ticket, HD package I have to disagree with you. Basic programming is about the same everywhere, but I am not basic! I want extra and I want it all! And I dont mind paying for it but I hate not getting what I am paying for! Getting an extra charge for HD NFL is a joke, and the HD package fee is cookoo brother! So dont feed me some company line about how in line my $100 + bill is, I am not going to buy it.

No I do not want to go to cable, I have a long and troubled history with Comcast (they are an evil empire)! Monoplistic bastads they are!

So you may ask why stay with D* if I have all of the above problems? Well I LOVE football, Hope for better things! and really have no where else to go! I belive that Dish will go away one day! Voom is DEAD! Cable you know my feelings on that.

So Just because D* is serving Kool Aid Does'nt mean I have to drink it! Do you know whats in it?

FYI dont take any of this personel cheif, I just have a differnt outlook then you thats all!

I should have Proof read my spelling is BAD, BAD, BAD

But I put in a new Multi Switch and problems appear to be fixed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)