Pryor leaving OSU

So he flunked the first test and was allowed to take it over? Not sure why he was allowed to take twice. Either way, he's not a very bright kid judging by his past antics, actions and quotes. Certainly not the type of person you want in a position of leadership.
He was only doing what his head coach allowed him to do.

Funny how everyone seems to be singling Pryor out as the fall guy, when Tressell was allowing him to do it.

Besides, an intellegence test isn't the full indicator of how someone will do as a quarterback (reminds me of the talk about when Warren Moon came out, of how blacks wouldn't be intellegent enough to be successful quarterbacks). What's needed for a quarterback is to know the plays, and have enough instincts to react when under pressure.

He was only doing what his head coach allowed him to do.

Funny how everyone seems to be singling Pryor out as the fall guy, when Tressell was allowing him to do it.

Besides, an intellegence test isn't the full indicator of how someone will do as a quarterback (reminds me of the talk about when Warren Moon came out, of how blacks wouldn't be intellegent enough to be successful quarterbacks). What's needed for a quarterback is to know the plays, and have enough instincts to react when under pressure.

Not reporting Pryor's memorabilia in exchange for a tattoo doesn't mean Tressell "allowed" Pryor to do it. He wanted to handle it internally.

In regards to Pryor's prospects as a successful QB in this league, intelligence plays a certain part in learning the playbook, making right decisions, representing yourself/team/league on and off the field. Not the "full indicator", but yes it does need to be considered.

IF I am not mistaken, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but all players are allowed to take it a 2nd time, hence for: NFL teams used that number in making their evaluations.

Funny how you had no leadership issue when he won the Rose Bowl one year and Sugar Bowl the next, where if I am not mistaken, was the MVP of both games.

And yes, you are MORE than entitled to your opinion.

John Gruden will remind you that Sanzenbacher was the MVP, had he not been there, TP would NOT have been the MVP !

Pryor has lost the appeal of his suspension.

Roger Goodell said:
"I believe it is a fair conclusion that he intentionally took steps to ensure that he would be declared ineligible for further college play and would be able to enter the NFL via the Supplemental Draft. I found that this conduct was tantamount to a deliberate manipulation of our eligibility rules in a way that distorts the underlying principles and calls into question the integrity of those rules.
Mr. Pryor made an affirmative decision to remain in college and play for Ohio State in 2011. He later reconsidered and decided that he wanted to enter the NFL. In order to do so, he needed to forfeit his remaining college eligibility and took steps to ensure that would happen. Based on the specific facts presented here, I conclude that Mr. Pryor’s actions warranted imposition of conditions on his entry into the NFL, namely, that he serve the same five-game suspension that he had previously agreed to while at Ohio State.

Last edited:
I will admit, I don't know squat about details of their collective bargaining agreement, but don't assume anything beyond that. I could give a rat's ass about it. I do question Goodell though. I really like how Cedric Benson is fighting back the suspension Goodell imposed on him for something that took place when he wasn't under the NFL's rules...

ah, bitter Steeler fan tears

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Not at all, just can't ever see an appeal working if the same person that handed it out is the judge ... if the appeal goes thru to the players favor then it says the original punishment was wrong, Commish isn't gonna do that !

Jimbo said:
Not at all, just can't ever see an appeal working if the same person that handed it out is the judge ... if the appeal goes thru to the players favor then it says the original punishment was wrong, Commish isn't gonna do that !

I agree totally. I know it was agreed in the CBA, but the players were dumb to agree to this....clearly showing that this type of stuff they don't even think about during negociations.

offisa_pupp_judge_jury_executioner_mousepad-p144127210437062183trak_400.jpg

So you guys are all against instant replay too right... Since the ref is often ruling on his own call...
I may be confusing NFL and NCAA replay reviews, but in one or the other -- or both -- SOMEONE ELSE DOES THE REVIEW, not the on-field ref(s).

I may be confusing NFL and NCAA replay reviews, but in one or the other -- or both -- SOMEONE ELSE DOES THE REVIEW, not the on-field ref(s).

In the NFL the referee running the game is the one that goes under the hood and decides on the call. The ref in the booth only reviews scoring plays and questionable plays in the last 2 minutes of the half and buzzes down to the referee to review it.

The NFL wants all decisions to come from the field.

meStevo said:
The referee running the game on the field makes all decisions during replay... Including deciding on if he should overturn his own call. So no, no oranges here.

But the referee can also see/change where a mistake by OTHERS can be reversed. There is no OTHERS when Fidel makes his decisions...which depending on whether someone pissed on his corn flakes or not that morning, he change his mind.

So there is apples and oranges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)