PS3 Network Down?

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Is anybody else unable to sign into the PS3 network now? Because of the 80710A06 error I cannot watch MLB on it now.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

So it isn't just me. I guess that is good

I knew being dependent on MLB.TV instead of EI would have issues when the network is down. I thought it would be due to the few times my network was down, not the PS3 network. At least I can still watch the games on my iPad or PC

Why does the MLB APP require the PS3 network to be up? Shouldn't I only need an Internet connection?

HIFI said:
strange! I hit the back button from the error and up popped my netflix. :confused:

Same here. And I am able to watch a movie.

Doesnt work with MLB though. In fact it gets stuck on the log in and won't let me out

this is why your psn is on the brink , intranet down at POS sony stores and many other problems. I would be pissed if i could not get on netflix but back button twice gets us back for other issue of mlb see if you can get orb on your pc for media server and fling it to ps3.

Last edited by a moderator:
its idiots like them that ultimately cause more harm to the world as their thoughts are so narrowly focused and shortsighted. in fact they are nothing more than terrorists; plain and simple. they should be dealt with as harsh as possible as to set example for the countless numbers they have brainwashed into thinking actions such as these are just or responsible in any way. i do care about what other persons or groups has against another, but taking the law into one's own hands with no regard for the collateral damages is total BS and the entire anti-government and anti-corporation, anti-profit/capitalism no matter what and at all cost is 110% irresponsible , ignorant and misguided and has got WAY out of control. these people are nothing more than childish fools and should take what talents they do have and make actual positive uses of them and stop being criminals. if you don't like what's happening in the real world, MAN UP and show your faces; protest, go to congress, the news, file legal actions, whatever; just stop hiding like immature punks and stop screwing crap up for everyone and lying that you are actually making things any better.

sorry! end rant

I am not sure they have one; if just one BUT any alleged valid points (which are subjective) are ALWAYS lost in the fact of the criminal activities

All Sony Vegas video editors were anxiously awaiting April 20th release date for an important update to software that fixes important bugs as well as offers new FREE additions to their editing package such as 3D Blu Ray burning of 3D edited work. The go live release of this update failed to happen. I don't know if this also has affected operations outside of play station stores but if it does affect the Sony Intranet, then maybe this terrorist attack on Sony is more far reaching than just a bunch of disappointed gamers who are being denied what they paid for. Charper1- good rant!

this is why your psn is on the brink , intranet down at POS sony stores and many other problems. I would be pissed if i could not get on netflix but back button twice gets us back for other issue of mlb see if you can get orb on your pc for media server and fling it to ps3.
I didn't read anything about Sony Stores having problems. Also, I'm not so quick to jump on Anonymous for this. Even before these attacks Sony's uptime has been atrocious. I honestly think they just screwed up something and they don't know what it is and they're trying to figure it out. It doesn't take this long to recover from a DDOS attack. I know they mentioned "A third party" but I think that's Sony just using Anonymous as a scapegoat.

Also, I'm not so quick to jump on Anonymous for this. Even before these attacks Sony's uptime has been atrocious.
The louder Sony will claim it's an outside party's fault, the less likely it will be the truth.
And the longer they are down the more likely they will claim it's not their fault...:)

Having a scapegoat is good...:p

Diogen.

The louder Sony will claim it's an outside party's fault, the less likely it will be the truth.
And the longer they are down the more likely they will claim it's not their fault...:)

Having a scapegoat is good...:p

Diogen.
Like it or not hackers have claimed they did this already and they will be blamed for what's happening now. It's not having a scapegoat when in fact they have already shut down the site. Did they do it this time? Who knows? But I know they're getting blamed for it.

Last edited:
now sony is saying they shut down the server?? but they still blame the hackers using mass amounts of users and clones that are in one way protesting.

" An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts