PS4 Owners Thread

Saw some tweets that the multiplayer isn't making it into the PS4 edition.
That's understandable. I mean UC MP was amusing, but it was hardly the selling point of the series, and ND has better things to worry about. On the flip side you get access to the MP beta for UC 4.

Overall this package does look appealing. I'll probably wait until Christmas and the inevitable price drop and pick it up so my PS4 finally gets some use. I mean really, it's been so bad that I had to buy a used copy of The Order 1886 just so I could confirm that my disc drive still worked before my 1 year warranty expired (when I rented it on GF I had some issues and didn't know if it was disc specific or my PS4 was borked)

Saw some tweets that the multiplayer isn't making it into the PS4 edition.

That sucks for those who want that. It doesn't really matter to me though. When I want to play multiplayer I'm much more likely to turn to something like COD, HALO, Titanfall, or Battlefield.

Just like Mass Effect and The Last of Us I never really considered Uncharted to be a multiplayer game even though I know some people really love the multiplayer in all of those examples.

I hope Crushing mode is unlocked from the start so the plat in each game can be earned in one playthrough plus a little clean up for the Kill X number of enemies with X weapon trophies.

Too bad Golden Abyss isn't in the collection, though they would have to rework some gameplay elements (e.g., holding a document up to a light source and quick time swipe events) to port from the Vita.

I hope Crushing mode is unlocked from the start so the plat in each game can be earned in one playthrough plus a little clean up for the Kill X number of enemies with X weapon trophies.

Too bad Golden Abyss isn't in the collection, though they would have to rework some gameplay elements (e.g., holding a document up to a light source and quick time swipe events) to port from the Vita.

Golden Abyss would also require way more work than the other 3 games to make it look decent on PS4 too. It looked great on the Vita but I can't imagine that they could just bump that game to 1080p and expect it to look good on someone's 60" TV.

Golden Abyss would also require way more work than the other 3 games to make it look decent on PS4 too. It looked great on the Vita but I can't imagine that they could just bump that game to 1080p and expect it to look good on someone's 60" TV.
I don't think that's the issue. I mean, Bluepoint are the same guys who put the God of War PSP games on the PS3 and they still looked decent. I don't think they're focused too much on graphics. I think it's just a matter of time and resources. Also, I bet if you did a poll you'd find a good number of UC fans don't even realize there's a Vita UC game thanks to Sony's brilliant marketing department. I'm sure it's just much easier to just convert the PS3 games to PS4 than it is to do a Vita to PS4 along with it. And hell, it may also be a space issue to fit all that stuff on a single Blu Ray disc.

I don't think that's the issue. I mean, Bluepoint are the same guys who put the God of War PSP games on the PS3 and they still looked decent. I don't think they're focused too much on graphics. I think it's just a matter of time and resources. Also, I bet if you did a poll you'd find a good number of UC fans don't even realize there's a Vita UC game thanks to Sony's brilliant marketing department. I'm sure it's just much easier to just convert the PS3 games to PS4 than it is to do a Vita to PS4 along with it. And hell, it may also be a space issue to fit all that stuff on a single Blu Ray disc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release Golden Abyss at some point in the next 12-18 months as a digital only title, like they did with one of the Ratchet & Clank games that didn't make it into the PS2 collection. GA was a solid entry in the Uncharted franchise that a lot of people missed -- and it doesn't have an MP component to have to bother removing. :p

Interesting Nolan North interview just posted. He doesn't address the collection specifically, but answers fans questions about the "making of" games in the series in a town hall format.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release Golden Abyss at some point in the next 12-18 months as a digital only title, like they did with one of the Ratchet & Clank games that didn't make it into the PS2 collection. GA was a solid entry in the Uncharted franchise that a lot of people missed -- and it doesn't have an MP component to have to bother removing. :p

Interesting Nolan North interview just posted. He doesn't address the collection specifically, but answers fans questions about the "making of" games in the series in a town hall format.

Does he talk about his work in Spec Ops: The Line at all during the Q&A?

A Naughty Dog rep is saying in the comments of the PS Blog post about the collection that they didn't want to divide up the Uncharted 2 and 3 communities by including MP in the PS4 version. At least we know now it wasn't done for financial reasons. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I got a kick out of this one other comment to that blog post:
"It only plays Ps3 games.(If you buy them again)"

While you're at it watch Indie Game: the Movie, the devs are one of the stories in it.
Agreed, and a very good movie overall that I recommend to everyone here. It used to be on Netflix streaming but unfortunately it is no longer there. You can rent it digitally on Amazon for $3, or if you act NOW (seriously, it's 12:10 and this will go away at 1) you can buy it on Steam for $1.99

While you're at it watch Indie Game: the Movie, the devs are one of the stories in it.

I don't think that documentary would've been nearly as compelling and worth watching without the inclusion of the creators of Super Meat Boy. I still wouldn't play their game, however, as I probably couldn't get past the first level. lol

Just released gameplay video of the forthcoming Ratchet & Clank game looks awesome! I'm officially excited. Even considering pre-ordering at $40 (pending confirmation that it offers a full-length campaign).

I like that it'll allow for music playback during games.

Perhaps a big reason it's taken this long to develop. I look forward to seeing how this works tonight. Still wish it could play CDs, though. It will actually take me much less time to pull a CD case off my shelf, insert the disc in the PS4, and start playing than it will to scroll through all the music on my computer to find a particular album I'm looking for and start playing (I'm not much of playlist maker). The audio quality is also generally better when played directly from the original CD source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)