PS4 Owners Thread

TLOU Left Behind gets standalone release ($9.99 for PS4).

Definitely a welcome trend in gaming. Developers are finally recognizing the untapped market of people who rent or quickly trade in games they buy day one. I was also glad to see AC Unity's recent DLC released as standalone.

I wanted this right when it came out. I rented the game and no longer had it by the time the DLC came out. I would have payed for Left Behind on day one if that was an option but I didn't want to rent the game again just to play that. That was actually the main reason I bought TLoU Remastered from you when you got an extra code.

I think these standalone things are a good idea and I support them with a purchase for the games I like. I got inFamous: First Light the day it came out because I liked the base game. Again, that was a rental and I probably would have ignored the DLC if they didn't have the standalone option. Unless Wolfenstein: The Old Blood gets terrible reviews next week I will be buying that stand alone DLC even though I rented the base game too. The bottom line is that games that do this can get money from people like me who were renting when most of us won't rent the game again or buy it just to play some DLC.

Since upgrading my PC and canceling my Gamefly subscription this won't be a problem for me going forward but I still think it makes sense.

I couldn't get through it my first time. I'm tempted to go back, but yeah it is a REAL mind-f*ck of a game.The fact though that it's so damn creepy and looks so beautiful just makes it more of a shame that the whole thing was cancelled. Konami in general is just a real mess in terms of a gaming company, and it goes well beyond just this and the (apparent) parting with Hideo Kojima. Jim Sterling sums it up pretty well here. I mean, some of these are laughable, like releasing games a week after their release date.

Since there are actually more Ratchet & Clank games released in the franchise's history than Assassin's Creed games to date, I think I can handle waiting another year. And it's not like I don't know the story since it's a reboot. Better a delayed polished game than another rushed bug fest as we've seen too often this gen.

I don't think it's as much of a case of "Let's polish this game" as it is "Let's push it back so it'll be released along with the movie."

I recently added the PS4 and Xbox One to my growing console collection. The PS3 is still used because some games for it that I like aren't available for PS4 nor on PSNow. My Ninetendo something or other hasn't been used in so long that I can't remember what model it is!!

So last night I was futzing around with port forwarding since things weren't quite right. Of course I didn't check to see if PSN was running OK while my efforts were ticking me off royally as things just didn't work right. After I found out PSN was dead, I decided to wait until this morning. All things good now!

A couple cheap light duty games picked up yesterday:
Entwined which is beautiful to see and simple to play
Don't Starve - haven't actually played yet
Flower - Just beautiful even if not very advanced
The Unfinished Swan - kind of a paint the world as you go kind of thing.
The Wolf Among Us - interesting adventure with adaptive progression as you play.

All were dirt cheap and I'm pretty pleased with them.

Oh yeah, can't forget Fuster Cluck! Got it a few days ago and I'm up to my ears in chickens!! One dumb game that is a hoot to play and impossible to win. :)

But is there a reason to upgrade?
I already have the 3.

I stopped playing the PS3 when Resistance: Fall of Man stopped supporting online game play. Still, the best online game ever in the history of everything. Regardless, I was going to pickup a PS4 when they came out for Call of Dooty, but decided to wait for an online game that really interested me. However, I'm going to pickup a PS4 when Sony releases a model with a 4K Blu-Ray drive. While is also the time I purchase a 4K TV and a new Yamaha HT Receiver. We shall see.

But is there a reason to upgrade?
I already have the 3.

I wouldn't buy a PS4 just for GTA but if there are other games you are interested in its a nice system. I would say don't buy GTA again on PS4 if you already have it on PS3 but that would be hypocritical since I plan to do the same thing with the PC version. It's really the same game with some visual improvements though.

I wouldn't buy a PS4 just for GTA but if there are other games you are interested in its a nice system. I would say don't buy GTA again on PS4 if you already have it on PS3 but that would be hypocritical since I plan to do the same thing with the PC version. It's really the same game with some visual improvements though.
I thought there were more feature for online play?
That is mainly what I would want it for.
I really don't play anything other than GTA, maybe if they had a new Mafia game or something.
I'm into those type of games.
I like driving games with gun fire. And even some physical contact.
Even something like the old Medal of Honor games.
But the fake fantasy type games with aliens and stuff, just don't really do it for me.
Even Call of Duty, doesn't intrest me.

I thought there were more feature for online play?
That is mainly what I would want it for.
I really don't play anything other than GTA, maybe if they had a new Mafia game or something.
I'm into those type of games.
I like driving games with gun fire. And even some physical contact.
Even something like the old Medal of Honor games.
But the fake fantasy type games with aliens and stuff, just don't really do it for me.
Even Call of Duty, doesn't intrest me.
Have you tried Sleeping Dogs? You play an undercover cop trying to infiltrate the Hong Kong drug Triad in an open world third person shooter. It's available on PS4 with all the DLC released for it. No online though.