PS4 Owners Thread

Having missed the PS2 generation, I had trouble getting into the GoW thing. I played the demo of GoW3 when it first came out, and even though gameplay-wise it's very much my kind of game, I just wasn't feeling this cranky Kratos character, or should I say caricature, so I didn't even bother with the remastered versions of GoW 1 & 2. If they were offered free to Plus members, I probably would've tried them out, but just couldn't spend money on them. By the way, they did put out a collection that included all GoW games, including the portables for PS3 prior to the release of Ascension. (5 games for <$20!) I don't see them going back and re-remastering a PSP or PS2 game for PS4, however. More than likely, if it hasn't happened already, they'll be part of the PS Now sub.

Exact same experience. No PS2 thanks to EverQuest, first GOW was 3. Played it a bit but never bothered to finish. Little interest in a remaster unless it had every game, and even then not sure.

1 & 2 really were the good ones of the series. Starting off on 3 just throws you in a state of confusion. I remember that GoW 3 demo and it didn't do the game or series justice. 1 & 2 are really where it's at, and really, they didn't need a third in the series. They ended 2 on a major cliffhanger. Like, really bad. Like, worse than Halo 2 bad. But for fun hack and slash action, God of War 1 & 2 are great, and honestly for $20 that's an awesome package. You could do a lot worse. But if you're a big Playstation guy, you owe it to yourself to give God of War a chance. But you really need to start with 1 & 2.

But yeah, just playing 3 is not wise, and just remastering 3 is super not wise.

I'm really happy this will finally work too. It makes a huge difference on the Vita. I also really like it on games that use it well on Xbox One. I have had issues on some games that are constantly looking for an internet connection on my Xbox One though. When I wake the system from standby it kicks me back to the main menu because my Xbox Live account is obviously not signed in. It was incredibly convenient for games like Sunset Overdrive that do it right but pretty much useless on games like Titanfall.

I've never had that problem on the Vita because the games are obviously designed to work whether you have an internet connection or not since it's a portable device. We'll see how well it handles stuff like this on PS4 soon.

A couple PS4 related thoughts....

First, I had a few hours to kill at my parents house so I got back into Diablo 3 on my Vita through remote play. I've said it before but this game works really well with remote play. I would love a native Vita port with cross save support so I can continue my loot grind from places that don't have a good internet connection. Of course, Blizzard doesn't have much financial incentive for doing that so it won't happen.

Anyways, when I was done playing I paused and put the PS4 into "rest mode". I was interested in seeing how well the game suspend feature worked so the first thing I did when I got home was turn on the PS4. It booted straight into the pause screen I was on when I put the PS4 into rest mode from my Vita earlier in the day. No load times and no waiting for the game to boot. It seems to work as well as it does on Vita and Xbox One. Yes, it took over a year for a feature that was promised before launch but I'm glad it's finally here.

In less positive news, the controller that came with my launch day PS4 broke last night. During my extended Diablo playing late last night the R2 trigger suddenly stopped working in the middle of a boss fight. That is my character's most powerful attack so it was really frustrating timing. Eventually the R2 trigger started firing again but a spring appears to be broken because it just stays down now. You have to manually lift it back up every time you use it or your character will just keep firing.

This obviously isn't acceptable so I went to my local GameStop this morning and grabbed one of the white controllers that came with the white PS4 Destiny bundle. I would have preferred another black controller but they only had white or camo in stock. It does look pretty sharp with everything white except for black buttons and touch pad. Everything feels much tighter than my launch controller.

A couple PS4 related thoughts....

First, I had a few hours to kill at my parents house so I got back into Diablo 3 on my Vita through remote play. I've said it before but this game works really well with remote play. I would love a native Vita port with cross save support so I can continue my loot grind from places that don't have a good internet connection. Of course, Blizzard doesn't have much financial incentive for doing that so it won't happen.

Anyways, when I was done playing I paused and put the PS4 into "rest mode". I was interested in seeing how well the game suspend feature worked so the first thing I did when I got home was turn on the PS4. It booted straight into the pause screen I was on when I put the PS4 into rest mode from my Vita earlier in the day. No load times and no waiting for the game to boot. It seems to work as well as it does on Vita and Xbox One. Yes, it took over a year for a feature that was promised before launch but I'm glad it's finally here.

In less positive news, the controller that came with my launch day PS4 broke last night. During my extended Diablo playing late last night the R2 trigger suddenly stopped working in the middle of a boss fight. That is my character's most powerful attack so it was really frustrating timing. Eventually the R2 trigger started firing again but a spring appears to be broken because it just stays down now. You have to manually lift it back up every time you use it or your character will just keep firing.

This obviously isn't acceptable so I went to my local GameStop this morning and grabbed one of the white controllers that came with the white PS4 Destiny bundle. I would have preferred another black controller but they only had white or camo in stock. It does look pretty sharp with everything white except for black buttons and touch pad. Everything feels much tighter than my launch controller.

It seems like the PS4 is also booting up faster from rest mode with 2.50. Before, I was actually surprised how long it took the PS4 to boot up from rest mode, almost as long as it took the PS3 to boot up from being turned off.

Now that baseball season it upon us, I really need to remember to take more advantage of remote play. I've been playing an indie game on my Vita during March Madness (the first time I've really used my Vita in four months -- other than to test remote play), so I can keep an eye on the games. But my gaming choices for Vita are somewhat limited (I really don't buy Vita games since I don't take it outside my home where I have a huge PS3/PS4 backlog).

I've heard a lot of people have had problems with PS4 launch controllers (especially with the material on the thumbsticks peeling off). I'm almost surprised yours lasted as long as it did.

Most of my PS3 controllers are now unusable. I use a PS4 controller a lot of the time with my PS3, but it doesn't work with every game, and I still need the PS3 controller to quit the game I'm playing and to turn off the PS3. I just hate to put money into a new PS3 controller at this point. I know, first world problems.

It seems like the PS4 is also booting up faster from rest mode with 2.50. Before, I was actually surprised how long it took the PS4 to boot up from rest mode, almost as long as it took the PS3 to boot up from being turned off.

Now that baseball season it upon us, I really need to remember to take more advantage of remote play. I've been playing an indie game on my Vita during March Madness (the first time I've really used my Vita in four months -- other than to test remote play), so I can keep an eye on the games. But my gaming choices for Vita are somewhat limited (I really don't buy Vita games since I don't take it outside my home where I have a huge PS3/PS4 backlog).

I've heard a lot of people have had problems with PS4 launch controllers (especially with the material on the thumbsticks peeling off). I'm almost surprised yours lasted as long as it did.

Most of my PS3 controllers are now unusable. I use a PS4 controller a lot of the time with my PS3, but it doesn't work with every game, and I still need the PS3 controller to quit the game I'm playing and to turn off the PS3. I just hate to put money into a new PS3 controller at this point. I know, first world problems.

Yep, my Vita has been sitting unused for quite a while but last summer I used it several times per week for remote play during baseball games. I also travel a lot during the summer so it just gets way more use during that time of the year. For the most part I stopped buying Vita games because it mostly gets used in the summer and there are more good PS Plus games for it than I have time to play. That being said, I did just buy Freedom Wars for $15 in anticipation of baseball season. I love my loot games and this seems like one of the better ones for Vita.

As for the controller, I had read quite a bit about the rubber wearing off the sticks on launch controllers too. Surprisingly mine still looked brand new but holding a new controller makes me instantly feel how loose they had gotten. From my google searches, it sounds like the spring failing in the R2 trigger is pretty common on launch controllers too. I found a video showing how to take the controller apart and fix it but I chose to just go buy a new one instead.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/31/limited-edition-arkham-knight-ps4-console-revealed

There is going to be a limited edition Arkham Knight PS4 bundle for the big Batman fans out there. The bundle with the special silver console and controller costs $450. The console itself is nice enough but I really like the look of the controller.

16798011749_c2e45bbf49_o-720x388.jpg

There is also going to be a Arkham Knight bundle with the standard console and controller for $400.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)