PS4 Owners Thread

Uncharted 4 will be a GF rental for me. I feel little need to jump back into those games after I've beaten them once. Still, you never know as far as MP goes. Maybe they could make it not suck.

Here's a review of the MP test they did back in December. Looks like it's not just a simple tacked on MP.

I know that people liked the multiplayer in Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us. It's not that I think it will suck. It will probably be okay but if I'm going to play a multiplayer shooter I'd rather spend my time on games like COD, Battlefield, Battlefront, Titanfall, Halo, CS:GO, or Gears. Those games all make multiplayer a major focus where it's more of an additional option in Uncharted.

I completely forgot that TLoU even had a MP component until you mentioned it now (which shows how much I played it back in the day.) And to be fair, Halo 1's MP was thrown in as a complete afterthought as well. They programmed it in a few weeks not thinking it would catch fire the way it did to where now people view it like CoD and just play that, although if Halo 5's campaign length is any indicator, they are definitely now going the CoD route when it comes to SP vs MP focus.

Well my PS Plus subscription expired today. Since I don't have the credit card I signed up with anymore I got an email today informing me that my PS Plus subscription was no longer active. During the PS3 days I wouldn't have hesitated to renew it but I did today. If it wasn't for the fact that I want to be able to occasionally play Call of Duty and other games online with friends I would be done with PS Plus until they start adding games I actually want again.

I moved 2 weeks ago and haven't even had a reason to hook my ps4 back up.

Cancelled PS+ last month, first time I haven't been a sub since it became a pay service.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

After the data breach I removed all credit info and now just use redemption codes. It's safer that way and also PS+ codes go on sale pretty often. For me I mainly just keep the membership to keep my "free" games available

After the data breach I removed all credit info and now just use redemption codes. It's safer that way and also PS+ codes go on sale pretty often. For me I mainly just keep the membership to keep my "free" games available

Same here. I've had some of those free games for so long, I feel like they are part of my personal collection ... or at least my personal backlog. Every so often, I scroll through the list and am surprised that I have some of those games I had forgotten about.

I can't believe how much I used to sing the praises of PS Plus during the Instant Game Collection era. Now Sony isn't even trying ... or they're trying, but trying to see what they can get away with when it comes to free game offerings.

I moved 2 weeks ago and haven't even had a reason to hook my ps4 back up.

Cancelled PS+ last month, first time I haven't been a sub since it became a pay service.

Technically PS Plus has always been a pay service, unless you got a free year when you bought a console or something.

Reactions: meStevo
The king3pj and I tried out the Uncharted 4 MP test...

Really not much to say. The Uncharted series has never been one where MP seemed like a natural fit. Honestly I think it was only implemented back in the day to discourage used game sales by tying it to an Online Pass (remember that awful idea?) but much like OP, UC MP is also a rather awful idea. I realize that all we did was play a team deathmatch on 2 maps but I can't imagine that with CTF or other game modes that this would be considered fun, let alone a game seller. I mean at this point people are just into UC for the story and characters IMO. So yeah, once again it's rather forgetful, and likely is going to be laden with microtransactions and other F2P elements in order to bring in more money, as opposed to delivering a truly positive experience or give the game real life after the story mode is complete, making it a publisher demand rather than a developer one.

The king3pj and I tried out the Uncharted 4 MP test...

Really not much to say. The Uncharted series has never been one where MP seemed like a natural fit. Honestly I think it was only implemented back in the day to discourage used game sales by tying it to an Online Pass (remember that awful idea?) but much like OP, UC MP is also a rather awful idea. I realize that all we did was play a team deathmatch on 2 maps but I can't imagine that with CTF or other game modes that this would be considered fun, let alone a game seller. I mean at this point people are just into UC for the story and characters IMO. So yeah, once again it's rather forgetful, and likely is going to be laden with microtransactions and other F2P elements in order to bring in more money, as opposed to delivering a truly positive experience or give the game real life after the story mode is complete, making it a publisher demand rather than a developer one.

The Uncharted MP has proven to be much more than a forgettable tacked on experience (in the same way that the Lara Croft MP, for example, was) in that it has developed quite a large and loyal following and the developers really put a lot of time and effort into it months, if not years, after the game's initial launch. (The last patch for Uncharted 3--a fairly significant one--was released a full two years after the game released.) While certainly not a "game seller," I don't recall hearing too many people complain about the MP feeling tacked on in Uncharted 2 and 3 among trophy hunters who are notorious for hating MP modes with trophies.

I can't really compare it to games that are primarily designed for their MP experiences, like CoD and its clones. And there probably is some truth to what you say about the motivation for including MP in UC2 in the first place. But the Uncharted MP is definitely a desired and popular feature for those who want to extend their Uncharted experience. I've had a lot of fun in the co-op modes, though I wouldn't spend hundreds of hours in the MP like some people do or even buy DLC maps. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still possible to get into an Uncharted 2 or 3 MP match today on PS3 without much wait.

Yeah, for $399 it needs to work on more than just the PS4, I'd rather pay more for a PC alternative that's a bit more flexible and future proof.

It would have been killer if they announced they were supporting the Steam platform.

Apparently not TOO many people are put off by the PS4 VR pricing. Sales of the Camera and Move Controller (in the UK at least) have shot up drastically in the past 12 hours, and I bet the second hand/used sales market is going to increase as well.

http://www.destructoid.com/demand-for-ps4-cameras-jumps-over-1000-percent-349084.phtml

Also it looks like there WILL be a bundle that includes the camera as well.

http://www.destructoid.com/there-will-be-a-playstation-vr-bundle-with-a-ps-camera-348994.phtml

I have the camera but I've never found a use for it. I ended up unplugging it and I unclipping it from the top of my TV about a year ago.

Shots fired during the Sony VR conference... for some reason...

Photo%20Mar%2016%2C%2011%2009%2047%20AM.jpg

Sony is selling a "complete" VR Bundle for $500 that'll have everything you could need (Headset, camera & Controllers) and preorders start 3/22 at 10 AM EST

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/18/11260808/playstation-vr-bundle-preorders

Not bad considering that it would cost more than $100 to buy that stuff separately. Playstation VR is still in a distant third place for me though. If the PS4 was the only system I gamed on I would think about it. It's a little scary when you don't know how far away the PS5 is and whether it will support the current Playstation VR headset.

At least the Vive and Rift are essentially fancy PC monitors. They may release better versions of the hardware with higher resolutions and lighter weight over the coming years but you can be reasonably confident that the original models will continue to work.

Like meStevo said though, if they could have added compatibility for PC in the Playstation VR headset it would have been a pretty attractive option. It may have lower specs than the Vive and Rift but if I could use the same headset on PC and PS4 games and it cost $200 less than the cheapest PC option I would have been very tempted to buy one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts