PS4 Owners Thread

Well one thing I think that many people are forgetting is that a LOT of people have PS4s. Yes, the VR is more expensive than the console itself but it's still cheaper than the other options, not to mention you already have the hardware, or at least the price of the system is cheaper than what it would be to start from scratch with the Oculus or Vive. We're not exactly the "typical" consumer because not everyone already has multiple pieces of hardware that can handle multiple VR solutions. So Sony already has a big advantage because their console is already out there and people will (theoretically) just be able to plug in their headsets into their PS4s and it'll work, unlike the Oculus and Vive where most people won't have a powerful enough PC to run it (at least not at launch.)

The PS4 could prove to be a good entry point to VR Gaming if Sony executes it right and doesn't blow it like it has with many other things as of late. I mean yeah the PS4 was a success but they've completely screwed things up with the old camera/move accessories, not to mention the Vita and the PSP GO and let's not forget 3D Gaming. Sony has a bad track record of introducing interesting ideas and executing them but then not following through in any meaningful way.

Well one thing I think that many people are forgetting is that a LOT of people have PS4s. Yes, the VR is more expensive than the console itself but it's still cheaper than the other options, not to mention you already have the hardware, or at least the price of the system is cheaper than what it would be to start from scratch with the Oculus or Vive. We're not exactly the "typical" consumer because not everyone already has multiple pieces of hardware that can handle multiple VR solutions. So Sony already has a big advantage because their console is already out there and people will (theoretically) just be able to plug in their headsets into their PS4s and it'll work, unlike the Oculus and Vive where most people won't have a powerful enough PC to run it (at least not at launch.)

The PS4 could prove to be a good entry point to VR Gaming if Sony executes it right and doesn't blow it like it has with many other things as of late. I mean yeah the PS4 was a success but they've completely screwed things up with the old camera/move accessories, not to mention the Vita and the PSP GO and let's not forget 3D Gaming. Sony has a bad track record of introducing interesting ideas and executing them but then not following through in any meaningful way.

Yeah, I definitely think the PS VR has a decent chance to outsell the other two VR headsets. Like you said, the PS4 is quite a bit cheaper than a PC strong enough for VR and the headset itself is also cheaper.

My comments were more about my own use case than the general public. For the Playstation VR probably would have been the best choice if it also supported PC. It's cheaper and I have both platforms so I would get much more use out of it. With it only supporting PS4 it's just not as viable for me even if it will still sell pretty well to the masses.

And let's not forget PS TV as another failed venture that was DOA without adequate support (including basic apps like Netflix and YouTube).

$400 is just too big of an investment for a gaming accessory that has a better than 50% chance of being a niche/fad that no one will be talking about 2-3 years from now. Given Sony's track record with Move, Vita, etc, VR has a much better chance of having a decent lifespan on PC where we know a lot more games will be released for it.

Heh, this will swing the argument back the other way potentially. Apparently in the US there will only be a $499 bundle available for preorder, which bundles a game, helmet, camera and 2 move controllers.

Amazon product ASIN B00SBXBQDS
You won't be able to preorder just the PSVR.

Make that a $500 investment. I would think it's more likely that the kind of people who would invest in a PS camera and Move controllers would be the early adopters for this.

Had a long development/support plan for the product, Sony squeezed all they could out of the lemon. Some believe it to be the best racer this gen, certainly is nice looking. I lost interest by the time the free version was available.

Might be one of the worst launches ever.

I know this normally belongs in the IPTV Streaming thread, but since the only people who can watch this for free are PS Plus members, I'm posting here.

Season 2 of Powers arrives May 31. Don't click and read or watch the trailer if you haven't seen season 1, as a major spoiler from the end of season 1 is front and center. Season 2's guest stars include Tricia Helfer and Michael Madsen.

I really enjoyed season 1. While it was airing a new episode weekly last spring, it became my most anticipated show. Sure, it was rough around the edges and sfx weren't stellar, but the story lines were very engaging and the acting quite good from the likes of Eddie Izzard, Michelle Forbes, and Noah Taylor.

For non-PS Plus members, season 1 is currently available on free Crackle. Don't give up on this show after the first episode, which was a bit messy (they tried to cram too much into it).

The new Ratchet & Clank game for PS4 is getting pretty solid reviews from critics and users. Currently 86/8.8 on Metacritic. I'm surprised that for a $40 game, the campaign is estimated to be in the 12-15 hour range. Not bad for a remake.

My copy shipped out today, instead of the typical Monday. I had no real interest in the game TBH as I never played it on the last gen consoles, but I'll never shy away from a fun game. Hopefully I can finish up Quantum Break before it arrives.

My copy shipped out today, instead of the typical Monday. I had no real interest in the game TBH as I never played it on the last gen consoles, but I'll never shy away from a fun game. Hopefully I can finish up Quantum Break before it arrives.

There was a time any R&C game would be a day-one buy for me. But now I can wait 4-6 months to pay less than half the release date price. Still tempted though, especially after seeing the reviews. If I had Amazon Prime, I might have bit on paying $32 for the new game.

I recently sold a bunch of PS3 games (at least the ones still worth more than $10 in the Amazon Marketplace), and the hardest one to let go of was the PS3 collection of the original three R&C games on PS2.

Well I didn't buy it. It's coming to me via Gamefly. Hopefully I can finish off Quantum Break in time, which will give me time to play that before I delve into Star Fox Zero, which I can hopefully finish off before Uncharted 4 comes out, etc etc. Looks like the summer is pretty light in terms of releases but we do have the Steam Summer Sale coming, so hopefully some stuff I have there will be nicely discounted. I REALLY want to try out SUPERHOT but I doubt that'll get the required 50% discount by then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)