PS4 Owners Thread

5 locations near me, but all are 1.5 hour drive or so. I guess I will wait. :)

There are two Gamestops within 20 miles of me that will have kiosks. If I bump it up to 50 miles there are 13 locations. Unfortunately the GameStop that is about 5 miles from my office isn't on the list. I would like to see it eventually but I don't see myself driving 15 miles speficially to do that. I would have to be in the area for something else already.

There's one maybe 20 minutes drive from my house to a shopping center that is right next to the mall, but I don't feel like waiting in line with a bunch of other people just to try a demo that I can't imagine lasts longer than 5 minutes. If I could walk right in and try it out I'll consider it. Also, what exactly will be demoed? I don't feel like trying out Resident Evil 7 in VR (mainly since I've already played it) and Final Fantasy 15 has been called out as a joke. Maybe if I could get more info on how the actual experience is going to play out I could make a better decision.

Interesting. One near my office, but they are only there on Friday afternoons and Sat, Sun. Not super convenient. I'd like to stop over there at lunchtime during the week to check it out. Doubt I'll make it.

Apparently Read Only Memories 2064 has been announced for the PS4 and Vita. This originally was only on PC but it looks like for the Sony versions they're adding voice acting. I can't confirm but it looks like it's coming to PC as well. It's a cyberpunk point and click adventure game. I have to say the level of voice acting is pretty damn strong, with the standouts being Clementine from TWD voicing Turing (basically the main character), Lee from TWD voicing the narrator, and some other guys who I'm sure I've heard before but don't know exactly what games they're from. They also branch out quite a bit and have Game Reviewer Jim Sterling and even WWE Wrestler Xavier Woods (It should be noted that XW is a HUGE video game fan and he even has his own gaming channel on YouTube called Up Up Down Down)

I got about 4+ hours into the original on PC and thought it was quite good, albeit a little heavy handed on a few social issues. Let's just say that the term "SJW: The Game" is already being thrown all over the comments of this video, and after actually playing the game I have to admit that that's not too much of a stretch. But honestly unless you're just super against that sort of stuff I don't think the majority of people will have a problem with the game. The writing was quite good for an indie game and seeing it done with actual voice acting is quite appealing. And hell, the fact that they're bringing Gillian Seed from Snatcher to be the player character is pretty damn impressive.

Tried the VR Station demo over the weekend. Was interesting. Kids liked it, gave me a headache (from the light being so close to my eyes).
A fun thing to have I guess, but not worth $400 to me.

Tried the VR Station demo over the weekend. Was interesting. Kids liked it, gave me a headache (from the light being so close to my eyes).
A fun thing to have I guess, but not worth $400 to me.

And for most people it will be $500. I'm guessing most of us don't have PS3 move controllers or the PS4 camera lying around.

And for most people it will be $500. I'm guessing most of us don't have PS3 move controllers or the PS4 camera lying around.
I have move controllers, can get for under $10 at gamestop. The camera I don't have though.
If I got it though, would go for the $500 pack to get the included games. Either way though, not worth $400/$500.

It was fun, but just makes me more excited for the next generation of headsets, Eve got pretty muddy. Need higher resolutions.

From a comfort and display quality perspective though, if the next PSVR supported SteamVR I'd seriously consider getting it. Pretty sure we won't see that for a number of years if ever though, since the console won't really be able to do much with much higher resolutions.

Yeah to say this is a drop-off from last month is an understatement. GooT is fun but being the 5th game in the series, people who haven't played the others won't have nearly as much fun as those that have. As far as Furi goes, it appears to have some decent previews going for it.

Guess June's offerings were more of a one-off as opposed to a fundamental changing in the games being released.

So just the SR-IV expansion and not the actual game? Well, I guess that's in line with the inFamous First Light offering a year and a half ago.

I could have sworn Call of Juarez: Bound for Blood (PS3) had already been offered, but maybe that was a different Call of Juarez game. But like last month's Echochrome, we get another deep catalog, as in ancient, PS3 game in Fat Princess.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines looks like a pretty solid JRPG for the Vita. I won't even comment on that PoP PSP game.

Overall, a mostly disappointing month.

EDIT: Last year we got Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Needless to say, I haven't touched it. ;)

So just the SR-IV expansion and not the actual game? Well, I guess that's in line with the inFamous First Light offering a year and a half ago.

Yeah, it's a stand alone expansion. The game and expansion were sold separately on 360/PS3/PC but when it came to PS4/Xbox One as a remaster they were bundled together. It would have gone a long way towards improving the feelings towards PS Plus if they included the full bundle instead of just the stand alone expansion. Either that or just offer Saint's Row 4 instead of the expansion. The expansion is good but SR4 is a much better game.

The funny thing is that both games are on sale right now and SR4 is cheaper at $4.99 than Gat out of Hell is at $5.99
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...cted/cid=UP2047-CUSA01164_00-DIGISAINTSROW4NG

Yeah, it's a stand alone expansion. The game and expansion were sold separately on 360/PS3/PC but when it came to PS4/Xbox One as a remaster they were bundled together. It would have gone a long way towards improving the feelings towards PS Plus if they included the full bundle instead of just the stand alone expansion. Either that or just offer Saint's Row 4 instead of the expansion. The expansion is good but SR4 is a much better game.

The funny thing is that both games are on sale right now and SR4 is cheaper at $4.99 than Gat out of Hell is at $5.99
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...cted/cid=UP2047-CUSA01164_00-DIGISAINTSROW4NG

Haha. I didn't notice that. Offering an expansion free the following month must be a new marketing tactic to sell a full game while it's on sale. Usually it's the other way around: they give us the full game free and put the DLC on sale at about the same time.

EDIT: Last year we got Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Needless to say, I haven't touched it. ;)

You really should play Gunslinger. It's a lot better than it looks on first glance. I played it last year and had a blast with it. It's not very long but it's fast paced and has a cool story that puts all the setpieces in place in a rather compelling way. Definitely an overlooked gem.Take a look at the Steam reviews: http://store.steampowered.com/app/204450/

You really should play Gunslinger. It's a lot better than it looks on first glance. I played it last year and had a blast with it. It's not very long but it's fast paced and has a cool story that puts all the setpieces in place in a rather compelling way. Definitely an overlooked gem.Take a look at the Steam reviews: http://store.steampowered.com/app/204450/

I remember hearing good things when the older Bound for Blood came out as well, though it will probably feel quite dated. Unfortunately my PS3 has been demoted to being my bedroom PS Vue streaming device (connected to a smallish TV) for the time being. But I may bring it back to the living room now that Roku has been added to the list of PS Vue enabled devices (as soon as I get a newer Roku).