PS4 Owners Thread

No man's sky has finally gone gold.

@NoMansSky: It's happened. No Man's Sky just went gold. I'm so incredibly proud of this tiny team. 4 years of emotions

Last edited:
Rise of the Tomb Raider is finally coming on 10/11.

This game is basically next on my backlog list. I have been itching to play it for quite a while, and even more so after getting my new GPU since it's supposed to be a great graphics showcase on PC. I have been forcing myself to hold off starting it until after I finish Doom since I will probably never finish either game if I try to switch back and forth between them. Since I also started Red Dead last night and I'm still playing Overwatch/Rocket League on a daily basis it might be a while before I finally get into Rise of the Tomb Raider.

The PS+ games for August have been announced. Try to contain your enthusiasm.

Rebel Galaxy is actually really cool. I think a lot of console gamers who have never heard of it are going to be pleasantly surprised after they get to play it for free. I've been meaning to get back into it for a while. But yeah, the rest of the lineup doesn't look too great.

I'll give it a look when it comes out. Still, the lack of AAA releases on the service is getting really annoying. I do like them giving indies a chance but it almost seems like they're resting on their laurels of forcing PS+ on people who want to play online. Back when it was optional they needed to make sure their free lineup was good, but here it's like they're just throwing stuff out there. Yeah we get some gems like Rocket League and Binding of Isaac and NBA 2K16. but those are so few and far between.

Edit: Looks like PS4 owners are also getting Ultratron via Cross Buy.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-august-2016/

Some guy with too much money paid about $2k for a leaked copy of No Man's Sky and got some footage of it. The devs aren't exactly happy about this.

Yeah, friend on another forum bought a copy for $150 and flipped it for like $1200 shortly after.

I'm more interested in the game after watching real footage.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well, I'm not sure I would say it is "no good reason". It costs money to keep the system up and running. If it isn't as profitable as it needs to be, then they can either shut it down or up the price.

I don't have a huge problem with the price increase. It is just going up to the same price Xbox Live has been charging for a long time now. That being said, I think this is probably a good time for me to remove my credit card so it can't auto-renew when my current subscription expires.

I don't play any multiplayer games on PS4 anymore besides Call of Duty and the free PS Plus games they offer every month are no where near the value they were in the PS3 days. Who knows though? Maybe this price increase is being done specifically because people aren't happy with the PS Plus offerings anymore. Maybe this extra cost is going towards a bigger budget to secure better PS Plus games.

If the PS4 was my only gaming platform I would be okay with the new price point. The extra $10 really isn't even a deal breaker for me now. I just don't use the service I get with PS Plus often enough to justify paying for it every year anymore. Instead of paying for another year of PS Plus I can buy another one of the big Fall games for the same price.

Well, I'm not sure I would say it is "no good reason". It costs money to keep the system up and running. If it isn't as profitable as it needs to be, then they can either shut it down or up the price.

Well I find it hard to believe that PS+ isn't profitable. If you're going to up the price and spout meaningless buzz word like "Current market conditions" without feeling the need to provide any sort of proof of this, this isn't helped when the gaming division drove 78% of Sony's profits in the first quarter of this year. If they said that the price increase was required to enhance services such as to pay for 2 form authentication or start providing PS+ games that aren't just indie games that no one cares about, then I'd be more understanding and even praise the decision. I don't mind added costs if added benefits are associated with it. If that's not the case then I just assume that it's because the company wants more money, and I find more often that not that's the case, especially in the game industry, which is one of the least consumer friendly industries in the world. Let's not forget Sony was also telling people that, God Forbid they wanted a refund for No Man's Sky, a game that Sony bankrolled, because it wasn't the same game they said it would be for the past 5 years, that they'd be unable to buy the game ever again.

Yes, at the end of the day $10 more a year isn't going to be the thing that causes a majority of gamers to lose access to public utilities in order to play their games online, but given how extremely profitable PlayStation is for Sony, it's that much harder to swallow that they NEED a price increase, especially one that's 20%.

That being said, I think this is probably a good time for me to remove my credit card so it can't auto-renew when my current subscription expires.
The time for you (and the entire world) to remove your credit card was yesterday. Seriously folks, there are NO benefits to having your credit card file with Sony. They've been hacked TWICE, and there's more stories of people losing their accounts due to isolated hacks and then being told by Sony to either pay them for charges you didn't make, or lose your account and all the data and games associated with it than I can count. Just do all your purchases with Sony PlayStation cards. They're available at nearly every store, don't cost anymore than if charged to your card by Sony, AND more often than not you can get better deals if you shop around than if you just go through Sony. And if by some chance a situation comes up where you absolutely need to get a game or membership ASAP and your car broke down or you just don't feel like leaving the house, you can get digital codes instantly from Amazon. Remember folks, the less people that have your credit card info (especially those that have lost it before), the better.,

I like using my card directly through PSN when I buy digital games because it allows me to spend the exact purchase price when I buy digital games. I've tried using PSN cards before but I always end up with random left over money on my account.

For example I currently have a $5.01 credit on my account. My guess is that I must have bought something that was on sale for $14.99 with a $20 PSN card. If this was Steam it would be no problem because I buy stuff from them regularly enough that I would quickly use my credit. I can't even remember what the last thing I bought from PSN was though. I'd rather just use my card directly to buy a game that is on sale for $14.99 than spend $20 on a PSN card. If you aren't comfortable with them having your credit card info you can always enter it when you make your purchase and then immediately delete the card from your account.

Ironically when I just went to remove my card from my account it was a credit card number I no longer have because it was stolen in a Home Depot breach.

Amazon also sells codes for many digital PS4 and Xbox One games so this is also an option if you don't like giving Sony/Microsoft your credit card number. Of course, this does you no good if PSN is having a sale that Amazon isn't matching.

Reactions: lakebum431

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)