PS4 Owners Thread

I'll be very interested in seeing pricing on this. If it comes in anywhere close to the price of the Oculus Rift I don't see it selling very well to the console audience.

I'm interested in VR but I can't see myself shelling out that kind of money for a headset that's tied to one console. If the Vive is more reasonably priced I'll get one of those since I want something compatible with future PC upgrades.

New Trailer for Uncharted 4

You may have noticed that the above video is private. No, it wasn't "leaked" and then DMCA'd, but rather it was taken down because Naughty Dog (once again) used art that didn't belong to them. My question is, is this limited to the trailer or is this stolen art also in the actual game? I mean it's an easy fix, but Jesus Christ that's embarrassing. They're lucky they got it early because if it made it to the actual game there's a good chance they'd be liable for legal action.

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-devs-call..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Updated trailer

I also wonder if this will force Microsoft to put their remote play on stuff other than Windows 10. Windows 10 and a One doesn't look quite as appealing when the PS4 can go to ANY PC or ANY MAC (within hardware requirements of course.)

I think they will have a hard time selling this game if that $60 price point is accurate. Whether or not it's fair, people expect indie games to be released at much lower price points. I remember lots of internet outrage when people found out The Witness would be $40.

To prove my point, here is first response when loading up the comments for that article.

$60 for an indie game? Sorry, but I'll wait the XOne edition or maybe the Win10 one.

#ForTheFools

I think they will have a hard time selling this game if that $60 price point is accurate. Whether or not it's fair, people expect indie games to be released at much lower price points. I remember lots of internet outrage when people found out The Witness would be $40.

To prove my point, here is first response when loading up the comments for that article.

Yeah this unverified price point does seem to have gotten some panties in a bunch. I agree with this article that basically states that game team size shouldn't be the determinant of price.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/no_ma...lusions_from_the_video_game_lizard_brain.html

I get the feeling that this game will end up being around $30-$40. $60 may just be the default price that the PS system automatically applies to games unless told otherwise.

The Uncharted 4 Open Beta Stress test is this weekend. Perhaps some of us can try it out.

Also, for us PS+ members there's also a beta for the new Hitman game.

The Uncharted 4 Open Beta Stress test is this weekend. Perhaps some of us can try it out.

Also, for us PS+ members there's also a beta for the new Hitman game.

I don't have much interest in Uncharted multiplayer but I suppose I could check it out just to see how good a real next gen Uncharted game looks. I'm definitely going to be buying Uncharted 4 but there is a good chance I will never even launch the multiplayer in the final release.

Uncharted 4 will be a GF rental for me. I feel little need to jump back into those games after I've beaten them once. Still, you never know as far as MP goes. Maybe they could make it not suck.

Here's a review of the MP test they did back in December. Looks like it's not just a simple tacked on MP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts