PS4 Owners Thread

You should play RE for October. It is a good game, but it is hard. I don't think people give Resident Evil credit for how hard that game is. The original was hard enough due to limited ammo and resource hording, and the Remake (which Remastered is based off of) is even harder.

Yeah, once PS Plus reminded me that I have that game I was thinking it would be a good choice. I think I am going to try to restart Until Dawn and actually finish it this time too. I doubt I'll actually finish either of them in October with Gears 4 coming out in the middle of the month too.

Well UD can be beaten in a weekend assuming you don't care about all the possible endings/outcomes. Surprised you didn't beat it the first time. When I was playing it I found it hard to put down. Actually had "marathon" gaming sessions with it.

Well UD can be beaten in a weekend assuming you don't care about all the possible endings/outcomes. Surprised you didn't beat it the first time. When I was playing it I found it hard to put down. Actually had "marathon" gaming sessions with it.

I was really into it and played about the first 2/3rds pretty quickly then I went out of town for a week and for whatever reason I never went back to it when I got home.

I've never been one to replay a game that lets you make your own decisions like Until Dawn, the TellTale games, or the Mass Effect series just to see the different ways it can play out. For me those games just have a much bigger impact if I go with my gut decisions or base my decisions on what I think the character would do instead of doing the complete opposite of what I want just to see a different outcome. That's not to say that I won't replay some of those games but it would be just to experience the game again, not strictly to make different choices. If I care enough to want to see the different outcomes I will just look them up on Youtube.

Well crap. Sorry, I meant to post it Saturday when I did it, but forgot. I remembered this morning, but didn't actually verify it was still active.

Review embargo on PSVR is up. Consensus is rather mixed. Can't hold a candle to the power of Oculus or the Vive but is apparently more comfortable and accessible. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't give a compelling case for early adoption.

Giantbomb live stream is a disaster, tracking issues, people getting sick.

That's too bad. They are going to have a long day then. When the Vive and Oculus came out they did a stream for both headsets where they played every single game available at launch. I think the Vive stream ended up being almost 12 hours long. It sounds like PS VR might have even more launch titles available so this one could end up being ridiculously long, especially if it's making them sick.

Here is their Vive launch stream broken into 5 parts for comparison.
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/htc-vive-launch-lineup-part-01/2300-11095/

If you pre-ordered the COD Infinite Warfare Legacy or Deluxe edition digitally on PS4 Modern Warfare Remastered's campaign unlocks today. The multiplayer and all of Infinite Warfare unlocks on November 4th.

This is exclusive to PS4 and it doesn't look like buying a physical copy of the legacy edition gives you access to this.I suppose this makes sense because otherwise they would have to ship the physical copies of Infinite Warfare a month before release. They couldn't just send out download codes early because Modern Warfare requires the IW disc to be in the drive to play. Also people could get MW a month early and cancel their pre-order from places like Amazon without having to pay anything.

If you pre-ordered the COD Infinite Warfare Legacy or Deluxe edition digitally on PS4 Modern Warfare Remastered's campaign unlocks today. The multiplayer and all of Infinite Warfare unlocks on November 4th.

This is exclusive to PS4 and it doesn't look like buying a physical copy of the legacy edition gives you access to this.I suppose this makes sense because otherwise they would have to ship the physical copies of Infinite Warfare a month before release. They couldn't just send out download codes early because Modern Warfare requires the IW disc to be in the drive to play. Also people could get MW a month early and cancel their pre-order from places like Amazon without having to pay anything.

Guess that explains this tweet I saw today.

Reactions: Foxbat
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/3/13150140/playstation-vr-4k-hdr-pass-through

Looks like the PS VR processing box that is required for using VR does not support HDR pass through .

This means that you will have to unplug your HDMI cable from the VR box and hook it directly to your TV every time you want to play a game in HDR on your TV. You will then have to unplug the HDMI from your TV and run it back through the VR box every time you want to play a game in VR.

This seems like incredibly poor planning on Sony's part. A lot of the people willing to go out and buy a $500 VR headset are the same kinds of people who would have invested in a 4K TV already and care about HDR. Plus Sony made a big deal about pumping up how important HDR was during their PS4 Pro event. For them to do that and then not include HDR pass through in their VR box doesn't make any sense.

Yeah it's not perfect but you can still use stuff that modifies gameplay or fixes bugs that the developers haven't. Not a complete win, but it's something.

Looks like Sony has some sort of "deal" with Rockstar to allow early access to select online content for PS4 players. Also, the first game is coming soon to Playstation Now.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...tion-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

I'm really not a fan of this timed exclusive stuff when people on both platforms pay the same price for the game. At least in this case it is only for the online portion of the game and the single player content should be the same on both consoles.

Also, it looks like the chances of seeing Red Dead Redemption Remastered are completely gone. The game is now available on PS4 through PS Now and Xbox One through backwards compatibility. If they were going to release it, it would have probably came out now with the announcement of RDR2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)