PS4 Owners Thread

Reviews for the Last Guardian are live. Seems to be good overall, although a number of reviewers just thought that the gameplay issues were simply too much to get over.

It turns out that Until Dawn wasn't always a 3rd person Hollywood Style Make Your Own Horror Movie type of game. It actually started off as a PS3 First Person horror game that was to utilize the Move controllers. A couple of builds have been found, and a gaming archivist has put up a video of him playing one.

Nope, nope, and definitely nope. So much for my hope of an older AAA title on PS4 to entice new PS4 owners to sign up for Plus. (Or to discourage folks who bought an annual membership during holiday seasons past from not renewing.) :(
Well if this teaches us anything it's that it's not worth buying a Double Fine Game ever, because they all just end up on PS+ anyways.

I appreciate Sony's commitment to smaller devs and getting them exposure but unfortunately the majority of console gamers don't care about such games as much as they do AAA releases.

I'd just like to see a balance. We simply have not seen a major AAA release on PS4 yet even then though the console's been out for three years and there are plenty of year-one games ripe for the pickin'. I can't believe Sony is worried about cannibalizing sales of Knack, LBP3, Killzone Shadowfall, TLOUR, and inFamous Second Son--just to name a few first-party titles (I wouldn't count the stripped down version of DriveClub that was free to Plus members as an AAA offfering).

EDIT: Actually, looking at all the games on the Plus list I do see Lords of the Fallen and NBA2K16 as games that would technically qualify as full AAA titles.

Well since I have gotten my PS4 Pro I been loading up on some titles so far I just got DOOM,The Last Of Us Remastered,Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Gold Edtion,Destiny,Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare. Let me know if there are any other titles folks would recommend I plan on getting Battlefield 1 as well. :)

Well since I have gotten my PS4 Pro I been loading up on some titles so far I just got DOOM,The Last Of Us Remastered,Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Gold Edtion,Destiny,Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare. Let me know if there are any other titles folks would recommend I plan on getting Battlefield 1 as well. :)

There are lots of great games available. It really just depends on whether the PS4 is your only system or not. I have seen you post about Star Citizen before so I assumed you had a gaming PC. That's why I didn't recommend games like Doom when you asked for suggestions last time. Depending on what kind of hardware you have in your PC that is probably the way to play that game and many others just because they run better. Also, I know people liked Doom on the consoles but playing a shooter that fast with a controller just seems wrong to me.

If you just want a list of recommendations check out my top 10 games of the year. Most of them are available on PS4.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/4008356/

There are lots of great games available. It really just depends on whether the PS4 is your only system or not. I have seen you post about Star Citizen before so I assumed you had a gaming PC. That's why I didn't recommend games like Doom when you asked for suggestions last time. Depending on what kind of hardware you have in your PC that is probably the way to play that game and many others just because they run better. Also, I know people liked Doom on the consoles but playing a shooter that fast with a controller just seems wrong to me.

If you just want a list of recommendations check out my top 10 games of the year. Most of them are available on PS4.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/4008356/

Yeah I play both there some programs that are just better for console which some never make it to PC and there some that are good for the PC right now there are more titles on console. Some of the bigger titles are better for PC but depends on what folks like to play on but I just try to get titles that most folks are playing. Yeah Star Citizen will be a really good one for the PC for sure and will check out the top 10 list..

February Plus games have been announced: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/01/ps-plus-free-games-for-february-2017/
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 // PS4
  • Not a Hero // PS4
  • Starwhal // PS3, cross buy with PS4
  • Anna — Extended Edition // PS3
  • Ninja Senki DX // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4
  • TorqueL // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4
Finally a AAA title, but one I already own. I do recommend it. The bugs in LBP3 were worked out within two months of release and it's really quite fun and visually spectacular.

GameTrailers did a good review that doesn't rate it down for the myriad launch glitches:

Yeah, I'll give LBP3 a shot. That is the first time I can say that about any of the PS Plus games in quite a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)