QPH-031 has arrived and .........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
Hey guys ............ my QPH-031 has arrived and I unhooked my SNH-031 and attached the new Invacom. A fairly simple install. I ran 1 line into the linear and 1 line into the circular connectors and then to the diseqc switch and now into the house. It did sort out the difference between my 2 systems nicely except for 1 small surprise. I had to reprogram all my FTA satellites in my Fortec Lifetime Ultra and change from "universal" to "standard". No big deal , but why was my other Invacom a universal lnb ???? Just curious if other peeps with different receivers found this when they switched to the QPH-031. Thanks MK

:D

We at Sadoun just started carrying the invacom lnb, we've done tests on our side but im just curious to know if you saw a signal/quality difference with the invacom circular/linear lnb?

Yes the QPH is a Standard, which I personally like better. When I use a universal, the quality meter goes bye bye when I nudge :)

Standard doesnt do that

Ashley@sadoun said:
We at Sadoun just started carrying the invacom lnb, we've done tests on our side but im just curious to know if you saw a signal/quality difference with the invacom circular/linear lnb?

My original lnb was a ordinary universal lnb that I upgraded to the Invacom SNH-031 and the difference was staggering. I was scanning and viewing transponders that I hadn't been able to get before and was getting higher signal and quality on the old ones I was getting. After switching from the one Invacom to the QPH-031 , I can honestly say that there was no notable difference between the 2 Invacom lnb's. The DSS side was really strong , but I'm sure that has to do with the 1 metre dish vs the old little 18 inch pan.

One advantage of the QPH LNB being standard is that you can use a 22khz switch between the circular and linear sides of it instead of a DiSEqC. This means you can use a 4 x 4 or 4 x 8 multiswitch to drive more receivers. I think a 4 x 8 is overkill though, considering that on a motorized dish you can only hit one bird at a time.

I don't know why Invacom designed this LNBF as a standard. I think it was targeted specifically at the U.S. market, since its not very useful in Europe. Many, if not most of their birds have the low (L.O. 9750) transponders and therefore require a universal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts