Question with switches/splitters etc....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
I'm no artist, so after your done laughing at the drawing, help me out.
I have 1 RG6 cable from my 39" dish and 1 ribbon cable off my 8' running into the side of the house into one of the spare bedrooms (now my play room). I want to hookup 3 of my receivers. The Coolsat has nothing but KU sats on it, while the Mercury II has nothing but C-band on it, and the Diamond has both KU and C-band, and i want to hook them all together. Can this be done?? If so, what kind of switches do i need? All power pass? One port pass? If its one port, who gets the power? Or should diplexers be used?? I'm a little confused on this one, so let me know what you guys think.
THANKS

Attachments

• Hookup.jpg
    Hookup.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 175
you can add the other side of the satellites into the box. So all 3 boxes could be able to see both C & KU ;)

couple questions though
-are either LNB's duals?
-looks like one of the boxes controls the big dish. Which box controls the C-Band dish?

reason I ask is if they are duals, then just use a multiswitch. If the LNB's are just singles, then you can have polarity clashing between the boxes.

It can be done :)

Maybe we can give better options, once you answer Ice's questions? But, in the meantime, if you have (or get) some dual/twin lnb's (one for the C-Band and one for the ku-Band), you can get a 4x4 (or 5x4) multi-switch and hook the C-Band to one side (one side is normal V & H and the other side is 22KHz V & H) and the ku-Band to the other side. Then it has 4 outputs for up to 4 receivers. And if you have (or you could get) a V-Box to move the dish.
But, if one of those receivers is an analog receiver, the multi-switch won't work with it? Then I would suggest doing this:
Add a receiver
Only I would use a 1x4 splitter with one port power pass and run the power pass port to the analog receiver, and that leaves you 3 ports for your other receivers, the catch will be that the analog is the master receiver and the others will have to watch the polarity it's on. At least for C-Band. For ku-Band, you could still use a multi-switch (3x4 or 2x4) for the DVB receivers and run a cable from the loop-out of one to the analog receiver, then it will depend on the DVB (as master receiver now) receivers polarity to get that polarity.
Also, you could do the 4x4 muti-switch solution mentioned above for all your DVB receivers and have the loop-out go from it to the analog recever and still use it to control the C-Band polarity as well as move the dish.

couple questions though
-are either LNB's duals?
-looks like one of the boxes controls the big dish. Which box controls the C-Band dish?

Neither LNB is a dual. their both single. the one on the c-band is a chap micro and doesn't have the servo. i'm using a g-box to move the big dish and a hh-120 for the 39". i can have ku hooked up on the hd box and when i want to watch the c-band, i just unhook the ku cable and plug in the c-band cable and it works great. just thought their might be away to combine all of it (like in the drawing) so i didn't have to unhook anything.

You could use splitters on both but they would have to go between the motor and the LNB

If the HD box does indeed control both motors, get a ecoda 22k switch. They pass diseqc/motor commands.

OK...really crappy pic

get a couple 4 way satellite splitters and split the cable 3 ways
on the HD box, use an ecoda 22k switch to hook up both C & KU. On the other 2 lines you can use 2 way Diseqc switches (or 22k switches)

Then all 3 boxes can see either C Band or KU :)

Attachments

• untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 146
You could use splitters on both but they would have to go between the motor and the LNB

If the HD box does indeed control both motors, get a ecoda 22k switch. They pass diseqc/motor commands.

The diamond will run both motors. With the ku rg6 connected, it turns the dish. If i unhook the ku cable and connect the c cable coming out of the g-box, it will turn the big dish.
Thanks for your help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BelarusTV on Galaxy - 25

What is the benefit of a PC DVB Card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)