Questions about The Hopper?

You can upgrade while under contract, you just have to renew your contract for another 24 months.

And to be clear, it extends two years from from the current date, it doesn't add a full two years to the current period(at least that's been the practice).

If I signed up for service this month. Would I still be able to exchange my two 612s for a hooper/Joey setup.... Or will they charge me still?

It would be awesome if they let you record PTA directly to the external hard drive to stay there to give you more than 8 days. It would be even more awesome if you had a schedule of events that you set it up to do like automatically send certain events to the external once the internal got full, send all 8 days to the external once the internal reached 8 days so that the space is there for the internal for the next 8 days, or let it stay 8 days on the internal and the number of days you choose for it to stay on the external.

Ok, been thinking about the H/J setup when it comes out for my home. I currently have a 211 feeding my family room tv with EHD and I have a 722 feeding my basement TV and using it for TV2 in the master bedroom and splitting the coax to run to my son's TV in his room.

Needless to say, when I am watching TV in the bedroom, my son has to watch the same programming.

Will a joey in his room and a joey in my bedroom work since they share the same coax that is spit right in the wall between the 2 rooms?

Also will the EHD still work from my 211 or will it automatically be reformatted with an additional activation fee on the Hopper?

Will a joey in his room and a joey in my bedroom work since they share the same coax that is spit right in the wall between the 2 rooms?

Yes, with independent control of what each room can play.

Also will the EHD still work from my 211 or will it automatically be reformatted with an additional activation fee on the Hopper?

It will be reformatted. The Hopper shares the FREE EHD capability of the 612/622/722/722k/922, not the $40 411/211/211K DVR Conversion. The latter has a unique on-disk format.

All configurations I have seen have a max of three Joeys. For me a forth joey would cover all 5 tvs, having three tuners is not a big issue as long as joeys can share view a tuner. Are they not going to allow more that three per hopper?

All configurations I have seen have a max of three Joeys. For me a forth joey would cover all 5 tvs, having three tuners is not a big issue as long as joeys can share view a tuner. Are they not going to allow more that three per hopper?

Considering that after the initial outlay for a 2nd Hopper, the monthly fees for the Hopper and Joey are the same, I'd get a 2nd Hopper and have the additional tuners.

Hey guys... just an update I am still waiting to hear back from DISH on the questions which were submitted to them. (Maybe you stumped them! Or its more likely that the people who will be answering have been too busy to answer!)

So thank you for you patience!

You can have more than 3 Joeys but you have to purchase them after that point.

Thanks scott we all knwo it takes time with them we appreciate you sending questions to them :)