Rate Increase for DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you agreed to a programming package at x amount of money, you are locked in at that price until you voluntarily change your package.

We still have customers on Select Choice for example, still paying what they signed up with. You get grandfathered in.

Price increases only effect current customers if they change thier package. Until then,the rate you sign up with is the rate you pay.

Those of you suggesting downgrading, well, that would get you out of your current rate, then when you decided to reupgrade, well, youd then have to pay the new rates. If you are happy with the channels you receive,and would like to continue receiving those channels, stay with the rate you currently have, because if rates go up, you wont get that price again.

Just a little fyi.

Hey, is cutting the whole thing off even an option? I mean, do all of us NEED TV? I'm wondering.

Are we dependent on the tube this badly? I think they (the satellite/cable companies) know it, we are.

Is is possible to just use OTA programming for news, etc. and a subscription to Netflix or the like? If not, might just have to go back to reading books. OH DEAR!

LOL...

Yeah you'd think from the way some people get worked up over things, that life depends upon television.

Its like one of the major food groups or something, ;).

After all, it is the all purpose, all knowing, ever present, omnipotent television. It can be your best friend, your date on a lonely saturday night, your babysitter, your teacher, your movie theater, your child...

I have had a woman threaten to kill me because she was in a snow storm and did not have a signal and she had no way to control her 4 children. Thats the point where tv dependency becomes a bit ridiculous, IMO. Hell, I rarely even watch tv.. I spend too much time fixing everyone else's sets ;).

But hey, I love what I do. Nothing says "I love you" like hearing "Oh, you are a genius! It works now!"

I've had a number of customers tell me that they got satellite for their children to give them something to do, its like a babysitter. I wish I had satellite or cable when I was growing up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)