Rd zone shows the game in HD, but no dedicated channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trehutch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Beaverton
What's the deal? When watching the red zone HD channel for the sunday ticket you will get updates on games in HD. Soemtimes when you go look for a certain game it will only get broadcast in SD. This is complete bull, what is up with this. Directv should have enough capacity now or since football is still in MPEG-2 they do not have the capacity to broadcast all the games in HD. Very frusrating when you see the game on the red zone channel in HD but then all you can watch is the SD version on the regular game channel

Trevor

What's the deal? When watching the red zone HD channel for the sunday ticket you will get updates on games in HD. Soemtimes when you go look for a certain game it will only get broadcast in SD. This is complete bull, what is up with this. Directv should have enough capacity now or since football is still in MPEG-2 they do not have the capacity to broadcast all the games in HD. Very frusrating when you see the game on the red zone channel in HD but then all you can watch is the SD version on the regular game channel

Trevor

Yeah you are right. I only seen 2! Only 2 Browns games in HD this season.
Watch this Sunday....They are playing the Rams. Watch it be in SD. The Browns get screwed just about every week so far.

Before your head goes spinning off into another dimension, check this out each week:

HD Sports Guide - NFL in HDTV

D* broadcasts all the games that are made available to them in HD. CBS does not usually do all their games in HD and if Fox has 7 games, one is usually in widescreen SD.:)

Trevor

I understand what you are saying, but some games are not recorded in HD each week. This will change next year.

The confusion comes in when you see the standard def games on the HD red zone channel. For example yesterday the ATL vs. NO game was not in HD, but took up the whole screen when highlights appeared on the red zone channel. Why? Because they upconverted and cropped the image. You could see the difference in quality between this method and the games that are actually in HD.

In this case it is not a capacity issue for D*, but the broadcasters not sending out an HD crew to certain games.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Yeah you are right. I only seen 2! Only 2 Browns games in HD this season.
Watch this Sunday....They are playing the Rams. Watch it be in SD. The Browns get screwed just about every week so far.

I always feel bad for the Browns fans because someone clearly has it out for them. They always get hosed on the HD.

But then again, as a Bengals fan, I won't be too upset. :)

Jim

I understand what your saying jimzo

The game I can cite a specific example was the tennesse game no hd channel except on the red zone. It was not upconverted as you say I do know the difference. Just frustrating!!

This week the Bengals vs. Bills is the only one not in HD and they are not upconverting it on the Red Zone HD channel. This may be a CBS vs. Fox issue as to whether it is upconverted on the Red Zone HD channel.

Jim

This week the Falcons vs. Panthers is the only one not in HD and they are upconverting it on the Red Zone HD channel. I think this confirms that it is a CBS vs Fox issue as to whether it is upconverted on the Red Zone HD channel. Fox games get upconverted but CBS games do not.

Jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)