Received New Software During Antenna Upgrade

Impatient said:
OK. On 5.68, my best station of five is running an SQ of 55, Power 42, SNR 0.00. The lowest one that comes in is SQ 28, Power 5, SNR 0.00. The stations that do not come in bounce the SQ from 3-19. Playing for a month, I have found that SNR needs to register as non zero, and just above 10 to get a stable signal. 90% of the time, my SNR sits at 0.00 even though I have a good picture.

This is on an unpowered SensorII GS2000a. Since people on this board recommended running separate wires instead of a diplexer, I insisted that the antenna was installed that way. The installer did. Well, no one mentioned that the diplexer powers the amplifier in that particular antenna. So, now I need to get the separate power supply that Voom doesn't provide. I just found this a month after the install. I will see how it does after I order the amp next week. Working fine with a power of 5 makes me suspect that the separate lines does make a drastic improvement in SNR, even if the STB doesn't measure it.

:!:So, this is a caveat needs to be added to the separate wiring suggestion: If running separate wires for dish and Winegard GS2000A (grade green) antenna, get the separate power supply or you are running the equivalent of the GS1000 which is a grade yellow antenna. Voom does not provide the power supply, because they expect the diplexer to be installed.

States it all...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=20660

Thanks for all your input in this thread guys...
After getting the new software i was well on my way to trouble shooting my OTA problems, all it took was getting one station for me to see it was possible to get a signal. I went thought 3 antennas from voom 1st the stealth then an installer came out and tried the Sensar 2 (amplified) and a direction looked like the smallest Winegard i would guess that it was a 3016 or something, the installer left me with the Sensar 2... I have been trying antennas from places that i could return them if they didn't work and last night i Finally ended up with the 8 bay 4228 pointed it at Sacramento because everybody i talked to said i had no chance of getting Sutro Towers San Francisco (which is were i am mapped for) and received a few more channels for the hell of it i pointed it at Sutro and OMFG i am getting almost all of my mapped channels except for FOX and scanned in an extra 20 OFF Air channels.. to say the least i am very happy right now and wanted to share with anyone having similar problems.
o yea the 8 bay is unamplified id love to see what it could do if i slapped some power on that biaatch....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts