receiver + cctv dvr

stinkyweasel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
I have a Revo branded CCTV DVR that I am trying to get to work together with my Dish Network receiver (ViP 222) that are on two separate floors. The CCTV has a video out that I'm going into a modulator. Right now I've got a second coax line going from the modulator into the back of the ViP 222 into the antenna in. I cannot get the modulator (ch 3) to show up on the TV any way. I don't know if there is some setting on the receiver besides the local channel auto program or not that I need to set.

I have also tried coming out of the modulator going into a second diplexer. I can get this to work, however the satellite feed (ch 60 remote TV) is somewhat snowy.

I don't know if this is the right forum or not, but hopefully someone here can shed some light on what I need. thanks!!

Gary

There are a couple of inputs on the 222, one is for the remote antenna in order to use the tv2 remote in another area. If the receiver has an OTA module, it will only read a digital signal and your dvr unit is probably outputing analog and that is why it isn't working, nor will it work unless you can change it to a digital signal (equipment is available to do, but it is costly). Using the modulator should work, but it sounds like the signal output by the 222 may be set to cable while the modulator is analog. You should be able to switch the signal type from cable to off-air, I believe the setting may be under the HD Setup. I'm not sure where it would be located on a 222 however, probably under system setup.

I see under the HD setup to choose a source (antenna, cable...), but that doesn't detect the modulator either. The modulator on the CCTV DVR is analog.

any alternatives? I'm an IT guy and only halfway on TV and related. As I stated, using a second a dixpler works, the modulated CCTV feed looks great, but the satellite feed is snowy. Is there some type of attenuator or anything that can be injected in the signal?

If it matters, I'm trying to view the CCTV on the TV 2 feed from the satellite. TV 2 is the bedroom, TV 1 is main floor (satellite receiver located), CCTV and satellite feeds are located in the basement

Should also work with a regular two way splitter backwards as well, cctv and sat output to out ports and then line to tv on the in port

using a splitter reversed gives me both cctv+sat but the cctv is 90% scrambled looking.... that is taking the combined feed and putting it back into the diplexer connection that is going to the bedroom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)