Recent Sling Adapter Issues

joelwnelson

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Hazelwood, Missouri
For the first couple weeks after installation, my Hopper and Sling Adapter worked just fine together... now, when I try to watch online, I can select a program from the Dish Online guide and choose "Watch Online", but the video player attempts to connect and finally just goes to a black screen saying "no video signal". If I click to manually enter a channel number, however, it works right away. Looks like the Sling Adapter has lost the capability to automatically change channels on the Hopper based on the program guide, but obviously they're still communicating because I can manually change channels on the SA.

Anyone else seeing this?

I was when I had it connecedt to the Hopper that is connected to my AX that is set up as a wireless extender. Moved it to my other Hopper that is connect by ethernet. Now it works much better. Sling adapter is a great little device, but has its bugs.

I was when I had it connecedt to the Hopper that is connected to my AX that is set up as a wireless extender. Moved it to my other Hopper that is connect by ethernet. Now it works much better. Sling adapter is a great little device, but has its bugs.

My Hopper is connected by ethernet, but an Airport Extreme is at the other end of that ethernet cable...

Gotcha. I would think it should be working fine. Try unplugging the SA, then plug it in to the other USB jack. Also, Dish Online can be flakey at times. A very buggy web site.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Any chance the AX is blocking the port? What ports should be open for the Sling Adapter? I can give the Hopper a static IP and forward the port and see if that helps... come to think of it, this occurred when I put the Hopper "behind" the AX.

I have similar issues with no video signal and also my timers, conflicts, etc don't show up on sling. My recordings are there, though. My hopper is connect directly to my router via ethernet cable and I can see the hopper on my network.

-Todd

I have a number of issues:
- no video stream when all three tuners are in use
- only live tv works (when a free tuner is open), no access to DVR shows

With all three tuners being used, I don't think you would be able to Sling.
You have never been able to view a DVRd program? Ever??

Many folks are reporting problems with the SA on the Hoppers. I would call Dish tech support or contact a DIRT member.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

many folks are reporting ALL internet issues wit the hopper. i think it's that more than anything. the hopper does not seem to be internet ready.

Did more troubleshooting this evening. The Hopper is connected to the Internet, has an IP on my network, and can be "seen" from Dish Online as my DVR contents load. The Hopper detects the Sling adapter, but the Sling adapter is unable to pick up the video signal by default since the latest Hopper software update. It just displays a black screen and a "NO VIDEO SIGNAL" error. Program guide info does come up in the Live TV window so I know it is communicating.

I had a black screen issue when trying to play video on my iPad. A Hopper reset took care of it. Just open the front panel and hit the orange reset button.

As for timers not showing up in the app, that is a known issue in the current Hopper software that's supposed to be being worked on.

Bump. Thank goodness my Sling Adapter was free (after rebate) because I think I've spent more time trying to get it to work than actually using it as intended... Even on my 722K it gave issues. Anyway, the latest fiasco is "No Video Signal Available." Out of about 15 attempts, only once can I watch Live TV via Sling Adapter. Every other time, it's a black screen with "No Video Signal Available." This is on a Hopper. What gives?

Also, Dish Online remote timer scheduling and the likes is damn-near impossible to use. It doesn't work right at all on my Hoppers. It was a lot more reliable on the 722Ks. Hardly any of the timers actually show up, lucky if I can get the recordings to show up.

When I click dish on my iphone, the app comes up but the channels are not mine. When I click to play one it shuts off. I restart and it works fine. It does this every time

I had the same problem. ZachS (DIRT) took my info and submitted a technical report and I guess someone looked into it and resolved it and I haven't had a problem with the incorrect channels showing up since.

I had the same problem. ZachS (DIRT) took my info and submitted a technical report and I guess someone looked into it and resolved it and I haven't had a problem with the incorrect channels showing up since.

Having trouble again -- Dish Online and the Dish iPhone app both show up black, but now at least saying "No Video Signal". Can I get a DIRT member to PM me and provide technical assistance with this?

I am getting the unable to sling message. Video continues to play just the message pops up every minute if the screen is maximized. This is occurring on dishonline.com using a sling adapter and Hopper. I do not get any errors watching via slingbox.com with the same equipment. The downside to slingbox.com is a crippled remote and no guide info if using a sling adapter (worked great with my old 922).

slinghopper.png