Recording on tv2?

also something else I just thought of is the 722 operating in dual mode?
behind the little door on the right hand side of the box there is a button that you can switch between single and dual room mode.

ChadT41--"Next time you run the check switch, can you see if a message pops up, and afterwards, can you take a picture of the matrix?" Not understanding this, especially 'picture of the matrix'.

dwarren2--"There is a setting to default to tv2 tuner as the default, leaving tv1tuner for watching hd on the main tv. Just remember there is a difference between tv2 tuner and tv2 output." Where is this setting?

New problem--We set up to record on TV1 while we were out so we know things were working at that time. Got home and no signal from sat. I used my Birdog meter to check and very strong signal at dish for all 3 sats. Tested 3 other cables I have, they were OK, hooked each of them up and still no signal at receiver. Changed the barrel connectors, still no signal. Both receivers (722 & 211K) show no signal. Finally gave up for tonight, try again tomorrow.
Weird things are going on, better get my tin foil hat on!!!!!:biggrin

You can not record on TV2, TV2 is output for second TV. You record on tuner 1 and 2 and MUST have a cable to both tuner 1 and 2 on rear of 722 or a separator from cable from dish. If you have only one TV, put in single mode and forget about TV1 and TV2. Both tuners record on same hard drive. The 722 should have 2 remotes one has a 1 and one has 2 use the one with a 2, it is UHF

oljim--Until I messed with the remote I was able to do all those things.

Before I went to bed I tried the DISH once more and was connected!!!

DICK

ChadT41--"Next time you run the check switch, can you see if a message pops up, and afterwards, can you take a picture of the matrix?" Not understanding this, ]

Menu 6> 1> 1 select check switch and then take a picture of what the result are on the tv screen and post that picture.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My wife talked to DISH today about the issue. 1st person connected her to a tech that insisted it was the dish and not the receiver--HUH? And said they do not send a service person to RV's. We have been with DISH in our RV since 2000 and have always been able to get assistance (which we pay a monthly fee for). After an hour with this person my wife finally told her she was no help and hung up. Immediately called back and asked for customer retention. Got someone that was very helpful and after going thru all the tests again we have a new receiver on the way and also a new UHF remote being shipped. We are thankful for the last person that helped her, BUT 2 hours to resolve this was a pain in the neck!

Thanks to all that offered advice on here. It was really appreciated!

DICK

Reactions: TheKrell
Technically dish does not send techs to RVs. You would need to contact a retailer for a tech to an RV. The first tech was correct. Now they can send replacements out, that is covered. But RVs are not part of the standard installation, unless they are permanent locations(mounted dish).

They have sent someone out in the past. Must be a new policy. We have a roof mounted automatic dish
does that count as "permanent locations(mounted dish)".
Signal lost again while wife was talking tp DISH rep. Still have great signals at dish. Could that be a bad receiver that is not sending requests to the dish?

Thanks
DICK

It's older than when I started working there in 2011. And no, auto dishes are not standard installation. No RV is. Unless it's parked at a permanent address. On a pole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts