Redoing Roof what to do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Joe, the company I work for does very little residential. 85-90% commercial low slope. the other 10-15%, commercial steep slope, historic restorations.

I'm familiar with the CommDeck line, in fact I insisted on installing one on one of my brothers homes when he re-roofed. It's a great product, zero problems.

Great minds go in the same circles!

We'll have to share "approved" dish paint patterns for colonial historic districts.

Joe

Called DirecTV and they said they could put the dish on a pole up to 20 feet high? It would be $50 for them to come to house and $75 to move the dish.

If they due that would it be better on pole or house, like after roof is done should I put it back up

Called DirecTV and they said they could put the dish on a pole up to 20 feet high? It would be $50 for them to come to house and $75 to move the dish.

If they due that would it be better on pole or house, like after roof is done should I put it back up

DAMN!

Go for it! Someone has screwed up big time so take advantage of their offer. Something twenty feet high requires a massive concrete anchor and must be a tower structure. An equivalent installation would be around $800.00 to $1000.00.

Joe

ex-technician and supervisor ...

directv will NOT take down the dish.

have someone or yourself take down the dish, then call directv to schedule a dish relocate for the date that the roofers will be ready to have the dish re-installed. in that case you may be out of service for a day.

directv will certainly not take down the dish and wait for the roofers to get done. usually the technician is fully booked for the day and will be late for other appointments. They are also paid per job, so if they have to sit in the truck for 2 hours waiting, their hourly wage is terribly low.

you could also call to relocate to the garage, but will charge you to have it moved. you could also be possibly charged per foot of cable for extending the wiring if required.

last, but not least, you could schedule 2 relocates ... one to get off of the roof and another to put it back.

Somebody take it down, preferably the roofers or yourself, it doesn't take much, have D* come out and place the dish on a pole in the yard, much better than being on the roof anyways.

Do you get any SNOW in NY where your at ?

How do you like being without sat signal till the snow melts ?
Wet snows are the worst.
NOW is the time to see if it can be moved to the ground somewhere on your property.
Much easier going out and wiping the dish off while on the ground.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)