Regional Sports Fee ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Las Vegas gets the California RSN's + FS Arizona so 7 RSN's total

they are lucky. I know you didn't say it outright, but just in case anyone thinks MLB blackouts determine RSNs that a city gets, it doesn't necessarily work that way. It seems to work in vegas, but not where I live, I"m blacked out of Dbacks and Rockies yet the only RSN's I get are ROOT RM and Altitude, so I don't get a chance to watch Dbacks on FS Arizona until the archived game shows up on my mlb.tv service shortly after the game ends.

The Entertainment package doesn't have any rsns.

and missing quite a few of the channels in CHOICE that I watch, which makes it suck that there is no "CHOICE with RSNs" and "CHOICE w/o RSN's" at a cheaper price so people don't have to lose channels from CHOICE or above to downgrade to ENTERTAINMENT or FAMILY just to get rid of RSNs and that junk fee.

they are lucky. I know you didn't say it outright, but just in case anyone thinks MLB blackouts determine RSNs that a city gets, it doesn't necessarily work that way. It seems to work in vegas, but not where I live, I"m blacked out of Dbacks and Rockies yet the only RSN's I get are ROOT RM and Altitude, so I don't get a chance to watch Dbacks on FS Arizona until the archived game shows up on my mlb.tv service shortly after the game ends.
well how much pull do all the sports books have there to make it that way?

I dont know where you're located but is it one of those markets where to get FS Arizona you need sports pack?

I dont know where you're located but is it one of those markets where to get FS Arizona you need sports pack?

it's central New Mexico. I suppose that would work to get the sports pack to get FS Arizona and MLB blackout rules will allow me to have FS Arizona Dbacks games live, but I"m not going to waste my money to do that when I can watch the game around midnight in the mlb.tv archives that I am already paying for.

My main point was that MLB blackout rules don't dictate which RSNs are (or aren't) shown in a given market. Las Vegas works that way (you will get via RSNs the teams that would be blacked out in a MLB out-of-market package) whereas Central NM (and probably Iowa, I would guess) are places where you will be blacked out of teams that aren't included in your RSNs that you get from DIRECTV unless you add the extra expense for sports pack.

interesting...I plugged in a Santa Fe zip and it shows only Root RM & Altitude as an option (part of Choice) of the pro teams you'll get
doesnt even show FS Arizona as an option so even if you added the sports pack you'd still be blacked out of D-Backs games

I just saw my bill a day ago. I'm being charged a $2 regional sports fee in SF. On the bill, also got charged $1.80 for last month with a $1.80 credit.

Just to update that I got the fee waived for the next 12 months. They tried to get me to downgrade to Entertainment with the whole shpeel about 'that package doesn't have a fee for regional sports'...blah blah blah. Well, I told the CSR the wifey and daughter would lose a few channels they enjoy....that's when she offered to waive it for 12 months. Damn thing should be waived indefinitely as far as I'm concerned...either that or provide the RSN's a la carte so I can opt out of them!! Seems a bit ignorant to bundle in so many channels that not everyone watches AND add a fee for those channels. Freakin' DirecTV sounds like they're jumping on the business model created by the legacy airlines.....nickel and dime fees on items that were once included in the price!!

Sorry for the mini-rant......oh, mine was only $2...not $3

it's central New Mexico. I suppose that would work to get the sports pack to get FS Arizona and MLB blackout rules will allow me to have FS Arizona Dbacks games live, but I"m not going to waste my money to do that when I can watch the game around midnight in the mlb.tv archives that I am already paying for.

My main point was that MLB blackout rules don't dictate which RSNs are (or aren't) shown in a given market. Las Vegas works that way (you will get via RSNs the teams that would be blacked out in a MLB out-of-market package) whereas Central NM (and probably Iowa, I would guess) are places where you will be blacked out of teams that aren't included in your RSNs that you get from DIRECTV unless you add the extra expense for sports pack.

From my experiences, its the Team that determines if they are available on your particular RSN.

From my experiences, its the Team that determines if they are available on your particular RSN.

sort of....they claim a specific area but when you get to the outer portion of a RSN it may cost extra for the provider to carry those games and may not want to pay for them. SO its a screw you twice example.
cant see it on local RSN
cant see it on MLB EI as the local team claims that area

sort of....they claim a specific area but when you get to the outer portion of a RSN it may cost extra for the provider to carry those games and may not want to pay for them. SO its a screw you twice example.
cant see it on local RSN

I should check my bill just to see ...

cant see it on local RSN

That court case BS like that better end up with at least MLB zones being fixed up / letting people in places like that get all games with EI.

I should check my bill just to see ...

So far I don't see any addl. RSN Fee, which I didn't expect to see yet anyways, at least not yet.

I did notice a $5 phone in fee, which is odd, seeing I had to call in to make my last payment because the online would not accept the amount of payment.

They did credit me that amount, but find it odd that it was even listed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts