Remote Control problems

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I have been having problems with the remote control for TV1 lately. When I press buttons the lights come on bright on the remote, therefore the batteries are fine. The receiver doesn't always recognize when I press the buttons. I have to press the buttons over and over. I know this has happened a while back after a Dish update which had a bug. Is anyone else having these problems?

If your tv is hd , it might have a light sensor setting or energy savings setting that will affect a dish network ir remote. The easiest way to check is to place a peice of paper in front of the sensors on the dish receiver and and then try the remote. if it works then you need to go into the settings on the tv and turn them off.

Thanks I will try that today. I forgot to mention that I am using a UHFPro remote for TV1. Is this true with that also?

no, this only affects ir remotes. Have you tried to readdress the remote to a different frequency?

You could run a 2nd Diaplexer just after the 1st to allow you to change to a Ir remote on TV1. You will need a diaplexer to run the cable from IN/Out on dia#1 to Sat on dia #2 and back out of UHF/VHF on dia #2 into rcvr using triplexer/diaplexer&seperator set up as should be now. You could also then and an antenna booster by removing IR remote ant. from back of rcvr. Then use a piece (2') of RG6 or higher cable and insert in the ant. port. Use a barrel connecter to then reattach IR remote.