Retention offers are worse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I keep premiums on a seasonal basis like Starz for the Pirates and showtime for Ray Donovan etc. Nearly every time I call to drop one after the show ends, they always seem to offer some sort of discount or two for one deal. HBO is the smart one of the bunch cause there never seems to be a time that they aren't showing a good series. When Appletv came out with the HBO NOW exclusive, I immediately called DTV to cancel HBO and I told them I could get it free for a month then I think it was 11.99 vs 17.99 on DTV. They offered me enough a discount to match a year of HBO NOW streaming. Maybe I just get lucky and get good CSRs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair also. you probaly got a free genie with genie clients as well as programming discounts. there just trying to recoupe there costs for gaining you as there customer!!!

Called today and talked to retention department. Asked them if they could do anything to reduce my bill. They gave me Showtime free for 4 months and $60 a month off for 12 months. 5 minute call.

Called today and talked to retention department. Asked them if they could do anything to reduce my bill. They gave me Showtime free for 4 months and $60 a month off for 12 months. 5 minute call.

You MUST have the top of the line package and I would assume at least 1 or more pay channels (HBO,CINEMAX) and get Sunday Ticket each year, because that to me is one Hell of a discount. I got $30/month for a year last week and I was THRILLED.

You MUST have the top of the line package and I would assume at least 1 or more pay channels (HBO,CINEMAX) and get Sunday Ticket each year, because that to me is one Hell of a discount. I got $30/month for a year last week and I was THRILLED.
Generally, $30 is unheard of, let alone $60.

I think theres more to the picture with the $60 off.

I have the XTRA package and no movie channels or Sunday Ticket. Been with Directv for 6 years and never had a discount before. I was shocked too. Would have been happy with $30 off

I remember the days when DirecTV would give it's long term loyal customers some kind of reward on the anniversary date.
Yes, but it really didn't amount to much most years ....
Usually it amounted to a couple months of a Movie Channel.
Or PPV coupons.

why should directv give customers anything?
why not just have a price and thats it, one lower price for everyone?

why should directv give customers anything?
why not just have a price and thats it, one lower price for everyone?
Because when customers 2 year commitment is up, they often loom for a better price. And often move on if one is found ...
IF D* were to make a decent offer your more likely to stay as long as they have the programming you need.

Reactions: JUCJ85
I am out of contract and I am definitelly fed up to pay 150+ $ a month for the all inlcusive package that I am honestly not even using. Rarely watch any movies ( I stream them ) and most the channels I use are offered with the basic package. What should I ask ?
Downgrade your package to the basic package then if you aren't watching what you are paying for. You will probably save about 40 dollars a month on that

I got the same thing last fall, + NFL Sunday Ticket for free and they replaced my POS HR34 with a HR44. I have never asked before, have the Premium package, and was out of contract. I did have to agree to a one year contract.

I got the same thing last fall, + NFL Sunday Ticket for free and they replaced my POS HR34 with a HR44. I have never asked before, have the Premium package, and was out of contract. I did have to agree to a one year contract.
Bold is why you got it, along with a good payment history more than likely.

Yeah that's a bit weird IMO too. I was told like 40 off for a year with a new 1yr deal, or 20 off for 24 months with a new 2yr deal would be what I might be offered in September when my deal expires. And that they may throw in ST for free.

Because when customers 2 year commitment is up, they often loom for a better price. And often move on if one is found ...
IF D* were to make a decent offer your more likely to stay as long as they have the programming you need.
This, I remember my first year with DirecTV, i got Premier package for $79.99 with NFL ST free, and the Premiere was for just 3 months, then my Bill went up big time, had to downgrade, this was 2006 mind you, before they did these great deals, have never had a deal like what new customers get nowadays.

Called yesterday because my bill was getting too high after all my discounts were ending. They offered me $20 off a month for 2 years. I took it...It's money and I planned on staying with them anyway. They also threw in Showtime free for 4 months

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)